Hidding bodies bugged?

#1a_ofPosted 1/7/2013 11:44:26 PM
OK, I am trying to play the game using stealth.
I have the takedown drag perk, so I can drag my enemies after I kill them with a takedown.
The problem is, I don't know if it's a bug or what, but the enemies seem to have X-Ray vision, because even if I hide the enemy behind a sheet of metal, the others almost always see him.
I am trying to take the valsa docks outpost silently, but the enemies finding their allies is making it impossible.
There is a guy that goes to take a piss near the safehouse, I take him down and drag him behind the sheets of metal on the back of the safehouse, but enemies still find him, most of the time.
The same happens with the guy looking at the border of the dock. If I take him down with an arrow, the others find him, even though there isn't a direct line of sight because there are boxes and things (I checked).

Is this a bug, or is there something I am missing?
#2BrokenTuskPosted 1/7/2013 11:55:44 PM
as long as they don't spot you you get the stealth credit. Honestly, sniper rifle+sound suppressor usually clears out a base for me with either a SMG or Rifle with silencer in case they decide to investigate near the bushes im hiding in.
---
HK-47: Can I break his neck now master? It's been a long time fantasy of mine. You: Maybe later..
HK-47: Did you hear that meatbag? "I'LL BE BACK!"
#3a_of(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 3:47:16 AM
I am pretty sure they didn't spot me, and I was awarded only 550XP with a no alarms bonus.
With the stealth should be 1500, right?
#4SmashingpmknsPosted 1/8/2013 3:50:22 AM
It's not really a bug, more like poor programming. They really tried to emphasize stealth but they didn't really do a great job at it, compared to other games of that nature. It's still a great game, and there are ways to get around it. It does get annoying though when you shoot a crate with an animal in it with a silenced sniper and they all automatically know exactly what bush you're in half a mile away from the outpost.
---
http://i56.tinypic.com/erlcua.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/en18k.jpg
#5BigBee2005Posted 1/8/2013 4:00:41 AM
Smashingpmkns posted...
It's not really a bug, more like poor programming. They really tried to emphasize stealth but they didn't really do a great job at it, compared to other games of that nature. It's still a great game, and there are ways to get around it. It does get annoying though when you shoot a crate with an animal in it with a silenced sniper and they all automatically know exactly what bush you're in half a mile away from the outpost.

Agree on this. It is a great game but the stealth aspect can be a little unpredictable at times.
---
XBL Headwind PSN Headwindz
#6BTBAMalaskaPosted 1/8/2013 5:51:35 AM
I wish they would allow you to do more than just drag them.. It's crazy that once they are on the ground they can't be picked up. Also only being able to go backwards sucks
---
GT- BeastyAss
if a dude put a presidents mask on, run up in the bank with a mac saying gimme gimme...I aint glad at him, but I aint mad at him...
#7WebstedgePosted 1/8/2013 5:57:00 AM(edited)
Smashingpmkns posted...

I think you're doing stealth wrong. They definitely never find me after I shoot animal cages.

Also I have no problem hiding bodies either. If the body ever gets in an enemy's line of sight they'll find it, so just hide it out of the way of any enemy patrols behind a bush or something and they'll never see it. If they still notice then just hide them farther away- draw them out into the woods with rocks and kill them behind some trees.
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
#8a_of(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 12:34:50 PM
Webstedge posted...
Smashingpmkns posted...

I think you're doing stealth wrong. They definitely never find me after I shoot animal cages.

Also I have no problem hiding bodies either. If the body ever gets in an enemy's line of sight they'll find it, so just hide it out of the way of any enemy patrols behind a bush or something and they'll never see it. If they still notice then just hide them farther away- draw them out into the woods with rocks and kill them behind some trees.

Did you read what we wrote?
Even if hiding bodies behind something with not a direct line of sight, enemies still find them. It's somewhat random, some objects hide them, some not.
Hell, once they found a dead body that was underwater like from 50m away.

Also, what he said about the animal cages, is my experience too, even shooting them hiding behind a bush with a silenced weapon, sometimes they still go DIRECTLY to where you are, specially the dogs.

Also, the fact that you can't pick enemy bodies AFTER killing them totally ruins the stealth and makes clearing some outposts silently almost impossible.

BTW, I am playing on the hardest difficulty.
I am willing to bet you are playing on a lower difficulty.
#9a_of(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 1:03:03 PM
I did some testing. I tried to shoot the animal cage without being detected.
It's impossible. No mater if I am hiding, and I shoot with a silenced weapon, they ALWAYS get alerted and go DIRECTLY to where I am.
I am thinking this is related to me playing on the highest difficulty, or bad programming as previously mentioned.
#10squiggy9996999Posted 1/8/2013 1:19:23 PM
"It's not really a bug, more like poor programming."

to me the definition of a bug IS bad programming. ;)