Insanity

#1Famine_10f4Posted 1/9/2013 1:48:35 AM
When I first saw this game my initial thought was that the devs were going for a psychological experience. The trailers and interviews all hinted that the people that inhabit the island are actually crazy, mentally unstable, and my guess it was some sort of supernatural force or toxin.

I have yet to play the game but it seems like the direction changed from that, Sure Vaas is kind of wako but from what I've seen he isn't loosing his mind. As for everyone else none of them give off that insanity vibe, maybe some cult-ish stuff but that it.

Kind of disappointing...
#2AwetclamPosted 1/9/2013 1:57:26 AM
Loosing ..lol
#3o5pr3yPosted 1/9/2013 2:02:16 AM
There's definitely an insane surreal feeling to it all. It feels like "Apocalypse Now" style insanity. More subtle and a overall creepy, foreboding feeling.

I for one was glad they didn't go the supernatural route. FC1: Instincts went down hill for me, (in story. gameplay was fun as hell), when you gained the superhuman abilities.
---
GT: Ninja Gunpants
#4NitharadPosted 1/9/2013 6:45:39 AM
I was also pretty disappointed by this (Not that it was bad, but just not what I expected)

However, I'm actually more hurt about Angry Joe kind of lying to us about the drugs, well not lying but "missleading".
In his review he talks about how you can mix plants to create drugs for all kind of crazy effects accompanied by cool video-footage in the background.
And then in the actual game all the "cool" drug stuff is 100% scripted and the "drugs" you create are uninspired short-time buffs or healing.
#5sparkymafiaPosted 1/9/2013 7:52:25 AM
Nitharad posted...

However, I'm actually more hurt about Angry Joe kind of lying to us about the drugs.

Not watching that idiots videos would be a good start.
#6StabbyAppletonPosted 1/9/2013 8:11:41 AM
Really? You didnt feel like the Dr. was insane? Or that maybe the CIA dude was also insane and didn't work for the CIA? Pretty much every main mission giving character was sketchy and you're always wondering what they are up to or if they can be trusted.
#7chicken8orPosted 1/9/2013 8:31:23 AM
Just walk around Bad Town for a bit and then tell me that the inhabitants aren't crazy. Seriously, some of the random NPC dialogue is just...creepy.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#8roperpokerPosted 1/9/2013 8:35:59 AM
It's a tad disappointing because it's all too easy whereas FC2 was just brutal.
---
The only time MacMillan was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake. - ( ')
ARTE ET LABORE
#9chris260633Posted 1/9/2013 9:00:17 PM
chicken8or posted...
Just walk around Bad Town for a bit and then tell me that the inhabitants aren't crazy. Seriously, some of the random NPC dialogue is just...creepy.

That woman in front of the gun shop is crazy as hell (the woman sitting in the chair outside, not the store clerk). The look on her face while she's talking to you is hilarious.