So after everything goes down (spoilers)

#1CODurbPosted 1/21/2013 12:25:33 PM
Do you even get to see you're friends again? I tried looking at the mansion and they weren't there.

Just wondering
#2squiggy9996999Posted 1/21/2013 12:28:12 PM
you sound like you';re at the game's end. just play it and find out.
#3CODurb(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 12:29:47 PM
No, I did beat the game, Citra died and everything
#4squiggy9996999Posted 1/21/2013 12:37:21 PM
oh, i see what you mean now. the story is over, they just let you go back so you can unlock stuff you missed before.
#5jcarey72Posted 1/21/2013 1:22:01 PM
i did the nice ending. if i did the bad ending, i still get to continue the game afterwards ??? that makes no sense to me...
---
TK JEDI
#6GrischnakPosted 1/22/2013 2:02:23 AM(edited)
The postgame isn't storyline related. It's just for fun. A lot of games do that.
#7OnePolishGuyPosted 1/22/2013 6:40:58 AM(edited)
Grischnak posted...
The postgame isn't storyline related. It's just for fun. A lot of games do that.

They still call you by your name "Jason" and nickname "Snow White". In their eyes, you're still the same character.

END GAME SPOILERS:

...but when you watch the ending and choose to stay with Citra....it just doesn't add up considering what happens to you. I haven't felt this confused since I watched Donnie Darko...
---
"...and when there was no meat, we ate fowl and when there was no fowl, we ate crawdad and when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand. "
#8SolidStryderPosted 1/22/2013 9:02:17 AM
OnePolishGuy posted...
Grischnak posted...

They still call you by your name "Jason" and nickname "Snow White". In their eyes, you're still the same character.

END GAME SPOILERS:

...but when you watch the ending and choose to stay with Citra....it just doesn't add up considering what happens to you. I haven't felt this confused since I watched Donnie Darko...

How are you confused? He said it's just for fun. It's just there to wrap things up, the story's over, whatever happened in the ending happened. It's just a post game opportunity to wrap things up, you're thinking into it to much lol
#9OnePolishGuyPosted 1/22/2013 10:34:19 AM(edited)
SolidStryder posted...
OnePolishGuy posted...
Grischnak posted...

END GAME SPOILERS:

How are you confused? He said it's just for fun. It's just there to wrap things up, the story's over, whatever happened in the ending happened. It's just a post game opportunity to wrap things up, you're thinking into it to much lol

Yeah, but the enemies don't have to keep calling you by your name. It's just laziness on the devs part to not remove the Jason/snow white-related dialogue.. For instance, RDR wrapped up their post game exploration with....

RDR END SPOILERS!

...Marston's son continuing in his dad's footsteps.. It was a respectable ending. While I was going to miss Marston whining about the contents of the deers' stomachs....I was still satisfied. FC3's devs just expect us to forget what we saw happen to Jason, and take the unexplained return to the game light to heart.....unless the whole ending was a hallucination, too. lol

I suppose im not so much confused as I am irritated at their incompetence of wrapping up a story that they bragged so much of being riveting and "insane".
---
"...and when there was no meat, we ate fowl and when there was no fowl, we ate crawdad and when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand. "
#10GrischnakPosted 1/22/2013 10:33:44 AM(edited)
Dude. In the good ending you leave the island and in the bad ending you die. Either way, Jason's story is finished after the last storyline mission. The postgame is just there so you can still play the game after beating it. What you would you rather have? The game force you to start over once you finish the last storyline mission?