Bored to tears with this game at this point

#1LonnyJohnsonPosted 1/21/2013 2:28:43 PM
Running around in my new game illing animals and pirates is just old. I'm doing the exact same things I did the first time around. How did this game get such high ratings? The gunplay is good, sometimes it was fun, but its definitely missing something that will keep you coming back.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#2unclesokPosted 1/21/2013 3:00:33 PM
I finished and I am not going to play it again. It was fun and I think it deserved the good scores, but the only thing I have left is clearing some bases and the missions that go with them. It's a bit repititve at this point for me, but I did enjoy the game, well until the end.
---
How can men who've never seen light be enlightened?
#3Creeping_DarkPosted 1/21/2013 3:17:53 PM
It was fun the first time, but it reminds me of how I felt about Assassin's Creed 2: the game gives you a bunch of stuff to do and repeats itself over and over so much that by the time I've finished my first run I feel like I've had my fill.
---
ely <3
#4squiggy9996999Posted 1/21/2013 3:23:12 PM
it's not an RPG. if you don't like the multiplayer offerings how long do you expect to enjoy a 15-20 hour game?

co-op takes 3-4 games to launch and get one you want, but once you;re there it is non stop action (left4dead ripoff minus zombies basically).
#5LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 3:26:45 PM
squiggy9996999 posted...
it's not an RPG. if you don't like the multiplayer offerings how long do you expect to enjoy a 15-20 hour game?

co-op takes 3-4 games to launch and get one you want, but once you;re there it is non stop action (left4dead ripoff minus zombies basically).

I did everything on co-op and didn't enjoy it enough to do it again. This game doesn't have enough Singeplayer content as it is, so I don't see a point in trying to force myself to enjoy some subpar multiplayer content to extend shelf life....the mp isn't amazing at all. I just don't get how this game got the scores it did. in some ways I see what people meant when they said Far Cry 2 is the better game. Whatever they try to go for in these games was just done a lot better in that one. With that said this game shouldn't be like this considering the huge delay.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#6squiggy9996999Posted 1/21/2013 3:28:01 PM
shooters aren't rpgs, though. it sounds like you want it to be fallout/skyrim.
#7GlitchwerksPosted 1/21/2013 3:38:08 PM
co-op takes 30-40 games to launch and get one you want

Fixed that for you. They desperately need to release a patch for co-op.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VKZH3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/tMlSo.jpg http://i.imgur.com/OXGN0.gif http://gifsoup.com/view5/3907877/otw-o.gif
#8MalzelPosted 1/21/2013 3:43:39 PM
squiggy9996999 posted...

It's a sandbox styled game. Don't make an open world if there isn't stuff to do in it.
---
It is only human to commit a sin...
#9LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 3:47:15 PM
squiggy9996999 posted...

I enjoyed the hell out of this game when I first rented it. Honestly I did, I would even have gone as far as to say this was the best game I've played on 360 last year. Then I got to the second island and the game just went more and more downhil from there. The side quests are terrible and are just throwaway fetch quests with the same reused textures and citizens. Absolutely horribly done, no matter which way you slice it. Halfway through the game you get so OP that using the syringe is pointless. You're invincible on warrior once you upgrade your health as it is. Trial of rakayat- all the same, medicine delivery- all the same, side missions, all the same, etc. They gave us a bunch of the same thing over and over and tried to sell it off as something extra to do.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#10ninjaman148Posted 1/21/2013 4:18:05 PM(edited)
After I finished the game, I've been busy making maps in the editor and such. That's kept me pretty entertained.
---
Yo Buddy, Still Alive?
Rest In Peace - Our Beloved Dog Lukas (07-31-12) - Someday, We'll Meet Again On Rainbow Bridge