I just traded in my copy of Far Cry 3

#21atomsteelePosted 1/23/2013 6:39:59 PM
Silencer or not...if I get shot in my back and don't die, whether I hear the shot or not, I'm probably going to know the guy is behind me.
#22AntiFox08Posted 1/23/2013 8:55:17 PM
atomsteele posted...
Silencer or not...if I get shot in my back and don't die, whether I hear the shot or not, I'm probably going to know the guy is behind me.

So if you don't shoot back or make an audible sound other than footsteps, the other player is supposed to believe you somehow screamed or alerted others with sign language in a split second before dying?
#23atomsteelePosted 1/24/2013 12:08:44 AM(edited)
AntiFox08 posted...
atomsteele posted...

So if you don't shoot back or make an audible sound other than footsteps, the other player is supposed to believe you somehow screamed or alerted others with sign language in a split second before dying?

You missed the part where I said....IF I DONT DIE. Yeah. The guys in game yell if you shoot them and don't kill them...so people might know something happened....and the hole in my back that DIDN'T kill me would probably be a good indication of direction. Read slower. Comprehend. Then decide on a comment.

The silencers work beautifully and I snipe people feet apart. As long as they aren't looking at the person or turn and see them dead they don't have a clue. I have sniped entire outposts clean without even moving from my hide. Even if they head in my direction I only need to move 5 feet into brush and they go to near where I was not where I moved to.

Also....even if you cleanly snipe a guard dog they yelp and bark before dying. I have done this with the dog following directly behind an elite and the elite didn't even react. He walked a few more feet and I got him too.
#24AntiFox08Posted 1/24/2013 12:11:19 AM
atomsteele posted...
AntiFox08 posted...
atomsteele posted...

You missed the part where I said....IF I DONT DIE. Yeah. The guys in game yell if you shoot them and don't kill them...so people might know something happened....and the hole in my back that DIDN'T kill me would probably be a good indication of direction. Read slower. Comprehend. Then decide on a comment.

IN A SPLIT SECOND BEFORE DYING. A split second isn't like 5 seconds or even 2 seconds. Take some time to think it out. If I'm using a silenced rifle or an smg and I mow you down, that would imply rapid fire, thus you being dead in not even 1.5 seconds, and the only thing anyone else should hear is the silencer and bullets landing if I keep shooting after you die. But with retarded mechanics, if the first shot isn't a kill or a headshot, nothing at all will stop every enemy in the area from auto-locking me. It's like you either machete everyone or go in guns blazing. I beat the game and got bored a while ago, but it would have been nice if silencers were more useful like other games and even reality. In reality, if I take an MP5SD and spray 5 or 6 shots into a guy's chest, I doubt he is going to scream. If I don't spray and shoot a limb or miss, then he most likely would, but with the rate of fire on an MP5, 5 shots would most likely be fatal before he even has a chance to react.