Games being attacked for racism and killing children.

#11HeartlessCharmsPosted 1/23/2013 11:10:38 PM
What Stephen King book were you reading?
---
Peace, and much love to you.
#12GoldenSWarriorsPosted 1/23/2013 11:13:53 PM
It's weird. I've been forced to read books about rape and books with the N word and F word in it in school.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#13rk_711(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 12:34:55 AM
HeartlessCharms posted...

It was The Dark Tower series. "The Gunslinger". Its an incredible book and you wouldn't be disappointed if you read it.
---
I shouldaa used a rubba!
#14rk_711(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 12:37:22 AM
Glitchwerks posted...
That's one of the reasons why Trent Reznor refuses to sell his albums in Wal-Mart. He refuses to produce an edited version. His reasoning is that you can go by violent movies and games, why should an album with explicit language be censored?

I've seen some funny conspiracy theories though...some people think game publishers themselves are the ones who court the controversy in order to sell more copies.

I suppose he has every right to do that. It will hurt his sales in the end, but honestly I don't think that many people buy hard copy CDs from wal-mart anymore. I don't think many people anywhere buy hard copy CDs come to think of it. It is all being replaced by MP3s and if you are smart you won't buy music off the internet either.
---
I shouldaa used a rubba!
#15JiminipPosted 1/24/2013 12:54:21 AM
rk_711 posted...

It was The Dark Tower series. "The Gunslinger". Its an incredible book and you wouldn't be disappointed if you read it.

Sorry, but the DT series is his poorest work IMO and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
---
Hey, a butterfly! Aw, look at those beautiful wings flappin. But, uh oh, here comes ka-slice!
#16rk_711(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 1:20:23 AM
Jiminip posted...
rk_711 posted...

Sorry, but the DT series is his poorest work IMO and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I happen to disagree with you. I would put it just below the works of Tolkien. Granted, I am only half way through the Drawing of the Three, and there was a point where I almost ripped the book in half due to

(spoilers)

Jake dieing in the first book but this series has been my favorite read in a long time.
---
I shouldaa used a rubba!
#17JiminipPosted 1/24/2013 1:22:02 AM
rk_711 posted...
Jiminip posted...
rk_711 posted...

I happen to disagree with you. I would put it just below the works of Tolkien. Granted, I am only half way through the Drawing of the Three, and there was a point where I almost ripped the book in half due to

(spoilers)

Jake dieing in the first book but this series has been my favorite read in a long time.

Fair enough, Lord of the Rings blows too IMO.
---
Hey, a butterfly! Aw, look at those beautiful wings flappin. But, uh oh, here comes ka-slice!
#18rk_711(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 1:55:41 AM
Jiminip posted...
rk_711 posted...
Jiminip posted...
rk_711 posted...

(spoilers)

Fair enough, Lord of the Rings blows too IMO.

Well what is your idea of a good story?
---
I shouldaa used a rubba!
#19WrydrunePosted 1/24/2013 2:18:58 AM
Glitchwerks posted...
That's one of the reasons why Trent Reznor refuses to sell his albums in Wal-Mart. He refuses to produce an edited version. His reasoning is that you can go by violent movies and games, why should an album with explicit language be censored?

I've seen some funny conspiracy theories though...some people think game publishers themselves are the ones who court the controversy in order to sell more copies.

Some game publishers have done that. EA claimed it was being picketed over Dante's Inferno about the whole religious stuff. They later admitted the protesters were hired to gain hype.
---
Capcom on racism:
We don't care what race our fans are, because we don't care about our fans.
#20rk_711(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 2:21:54 AM
Wrydrune posted...
Glitchwerks posted...

Some game publishers have done that. EA claimed it was being picketed over Dante's Inferno about the whole religious stuff. They later admitted the protesters were hired to gain hype.

Well that makes sense, I kind of see EA as being the Luthorcorp of the gaming industry,
---
I shouldaa used a rubba!