Games being attacked for racism and killing children.

#21natedude0903Posted 1/24/2013 2:10:42 AM
HeartlessCharms posted...
What Stephen King book were you reading?

Hi munch.
---
GT: l DatAss l (those are L's)
http://www.youtube.com/user/nategypsy0903
#22bman52480Posted 1/24/2013 2:59:27 AM
Creeping_Dark posted...
Because video games are the newest - something the older generation doesn't understand. In the future we'll be protesting the depraved brain holograms kids are playing.

Awesome-and agree
---
"The Miss Universe Pageant is fixed, the winners are always from Earth."
#23JiminipPosted 1/24/2013 6:21:05 AM
rk_711 posted...
Well what is your idea of a good story?

From King obvious ones like The Stand, It, The Dark Half, Misery all much better than Dark Towers (IMO).

Also Richard Laymon is a good story teller, he's similar to King but more visceral.

Recently read Cloud Atlas which was excellent also.
---
Hey, a butterfly! Aw, look at those beautiful wings flappin. But, uh oh, here comes ka-slice!
#24SolidStryderPosted 1/24/2013 7:26:55 AM
Jiminip posted...
rk_711 posted...
Jiminip posted...
rk_711 posted...
HeartlessCharms posted...
What Stephen King book were you reading?

It was The Dark Tower series. "The Gunslinger". Its an incredible book and you wouldn't be disappointed if you read it.

Sorry, but the DT series is his poorest work IMO and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I happen to disagree with you. I would put it just below the works of Tolkien. Granted, I am only half way through the Drawing of the Three, and there was a point where I almost ripped the book in half due to

(spoilers)

Jake dieing in the first book but this series has been my favorite read in a long time.

Fair enough, Lord of the Rings blows too IMO.

IKR, way too mainstream, we should go to hot topic and, like, stand around complaining.
#25midnyghtsson265Posted 1/24/2013 7:37:22 AM
This topic was rapidly becoming dangerous with all this religion and racism talk...over the internet. We all know how THOSE conversations go down!
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Minecraft...5 of my favorite games ever.
#26rk_711(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 3:50:34 PM
midnyghtsson265 posted...
This topic was rapidly becoming dangerous with all this religion and racism talk...over the internet. We all know how THOSE conversations go down!

I think this was dangerous already with the title, but the community seemed have to handled it a mostly mature manor.

Although, my faith in society has been kind of shattered by what general consensus seems to be.
---
I shouldaa used a rubba!
#27JiminipPosted 1/25/2013 12:08:03 AM
SolidStryder posted...
IKR, way too mainstream, we should go to hot topic and, like, stand around complaining.

So I'm a hipster because I don't like something everyone else does?

Don't you think that's a little narrow minded, I like Star Wars, does that un-hipster me in your limited vision??
---
Hey, a butterfly! Aw, look at those beautiful wings flappin. But, uh oh, here comes ka-slice!
#28BushidoEffect3Posted 1/25/2013 12:33:23 AM
Creeping_Dark posted...
Because video games are the newest - something the older generation doesn't understand. In the future we'll be protesting the depraved brain holograms kids are playing.

LOL this.

I'm 24 and I may end up acting out when I'm a old man.
"Remember the good OLD DAYS of PS4 and 720?" Hmmmm?
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/69gf9z.jpg
#29VelvenCrossPosted 1/26/2013 9:40:06 PM
Books were the original violent stories, and they STILL don't have ratings on them! You can do whatever you want in a book pretty much. But play it out in a movie or make a game of it, then you're a bad person!

I had the pleasure of overhearing a mom tell her three sons that if they played games where they shoot things, that they would grow up to be bad men. She even went to the extreme of bringing up the Sandy Hook shooter, and saying how HE played those games and that's why he did what he did.
#30Duh_Bad_GuyPosted 1/27/2013 9:00:55 AM
VelvenCross posted...
Books were the original violent stories, and they STILL don't have ratings on them! You can do whatever you want in a book pretty much. But play it out in a movie or make a game of it, then you're a bad person!

I had the pleasure of overhearing a mom tell her three sons that if they played games where they shoot things, that they would grow up to be bad men. She even went to the extreme of bringing up the Sandy Hook shooter, and saying how HE played those games and that's why he did what he did.

Little do people know, sandy hook was a hoax to enforce gun control.
---
"An eye for an eye ass wipe. A toof, for a gotdamn toof." -Buffalo Soldier