Ending (SPOILERS)

#1tyrongkojyPosted 1/24/2013 8:11:43 PM
Can someone tell me why people didn't understand this ending? The Rakyat were basically looking for a Jesus figure, a messiah, to lead them, and found you, but upon telling Dennis that you found your brother, they were convinced you would leave. Now, you weren't perfect. Citra's perfection, combined with your own, would be what would bring about that messiah. Basically it's freaky religion, mixed with unholy ammounts of drugs.

Her goal was to take your seed, to use it to create Rakyat Jesus. As for killing you in the bad ending... she's likely as nutty as Vass. I mean they're all taking obscene ammounts of drugs, that's likely to do something to you, especially if you mix it with a religious warrior culture that takes great pride in dying as an honourable warrior, and practices eugenics to create Jesus. After all, the great warrior Vass was supposed to be the father before he betrayed the people.

Remember kids, incest ALWAYS creates superior messiah specimens!
#2atomsteelePosted 1/24/2013 8:17:26 PM
Oh lord. I liked the story myself.....good luck with this thread.
#3ramzariotPosted 1/24/2013 8:19:39 PM
I find it weird that she killed him before she knew if she was pregnant.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#4tyrongkojy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:25:55 PM
I'd say she timed it. You'd be amased at the beliefs of some peoples regarding pregnancy. I mean again, they're a drugged up warrior culture who are also religious fundamentalists. Who knows what their beleifs on pregnancy are.
#5atomsteelePosted 1/24/2013 8:26:16 PM
That was odd. Its like she could tell or had a back up plan. Maybe after she killed him they "took a sample".
#6KazGotFiredPosted 1/24/2013 9:24:23 PM
It was a dumb ending for a dumb story.

The End.
#7tyrongkojy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 10:58:00 PM(edited)
Well no, it wasn't and wasn't. Was an okay ending for an allright story. Could have used some better details here and there, but it was okay. He tries to get his friends back, but along the way looses himself, his humanity, through the nearly endless slaughter. Seriously, what's dumb about that? Was he supposed to do what nearly all other games do, and ignore the fact your body count has reached four digits?
#8gamedude00000Posted 1/25/2013 5:58:03 AM
Was Far Cry 3's story a work of art? Nope, it wasn't. However that being said, it was a good story and it was enjoyable seeing Jason's descent into the madness of Rook Island culminating in two endings that were both fitting depending on what the player decides.
---
Now Playing: Dishonored, Black Ops 2, Guild Wars 2, War Z
Gamefaqs Ancient Rank Reached 12/01/2011.
#9ZeroDMCPosted 1/28/2013 6:10:23 PM
The save your friends ending is fine. The stay on the island thing though...it just seems like they decided that you should get punished for choosing the "evil" ending.

Well I guess it is the evil ending, sacrificing your friends for crazy jungle drug sex...but who among us wouldn't want to stay on the island? Granted, Jason Brody probably doesn't need to stay on the island. I mean as far as I can tell, the guy is rich and is dating a hollywood actress. I mean his life is fine, he could do whatever he wants. But imagine some regular joe, who works a crappy job 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. I mean would he/she really give up being a super powerful warrior, with all the drugs and sex with a hot tribal girl?

I mean come on...

If I would have made the ending, I would have probably had it end with Jason capturing another group of tourists and putting them through the same thing he was put through. Basically like Vaas now.
#10NeoCodezPosted 1/28/2013 7:48:59 PM
Agreed. The ending in my opinion was interesting and different