Any point to explore? No spoilers please.

#11Knux58Posted 1/27/2013 12:18:57 AM(edited)
If you collect enough Letters of the Lost, you get a new melee weapon that can be useful (it just does more damage, usually it's a 1 hit kill).

As someone with 120/120 relics, I'd say it's worth it to get them all for the sake of seeing the sights. Some of the underwater ones are very nerve-racking if you get nervous when swimming in this game like I do, but I liked that feeling.

The side quests (the blue exclamation points on the map) are generally worth doing. They're short, but the writing for them is usually entertaining in various ways.
---
GT/Steam: Knux57 || YouTube/Let's Play Channel: http://www.youtube.com/Knux57
SoulCalibur V Mains: Aeon, Ezio, Algol, Cervantes, Yoshimitsu, Dampierre
#12cubegod69erPosted 1/27/2013 12:34:04 PM
I think it'd cool finding deserted camping areas, and I found a cave with 2 sleeping bags and beer bottles everywhere. pirates obviously killed their buzz
#13Ephidel88Posted 1/27/2013 2:36:06 PM
AntiFox08 posted...
There's really no point to exploring other than maybe finding chests to loot for money or exploring a specific area to hunt an animal type. Everything else gets marked on the map and it's faster to just pinpoint whatever you're looking for and go straight to it. Later on though, you'll put on a disguise and be able to take outposts unopposed, but you have to worry about the warriors not knowing your disguise and attacking you. It usually works out because they follow you to a camp and while the guards fight the warriors, you can pick them off. As soon as you take a camp though, don't hang around outside with the warriors there.

What are you talking about? The Rakyat always recognize you regardless of if you have the "cotsume" or not. Plus, the outposts do not go down unopposed. If you go within the boundaries, you will be treated as an intruder and shot on sight as though you were waltzing in wearing your usual stuff.
---
I am the rocks of the eternal shore...crash against me and be broken!
GT: Deadly Mantodea
#14AntiFox08Posted 1/27/2013 3:26:27 PM
You're wrong actually. I took some outposts completely unopposed. I thought that when I was spotted killing in one, that caused me to not be allowed in other camps, but I guess that had no effect. What helped in taking the camps I was allowed in was luring whoever attacked me there so I could pick off the guards while they fought off my attackers. Half the time when I took an outpost, I would get attacked by the Rakyat as soon as the game finished loading and I would have to run inside the room asap to grab ammo instead of casually walking around like earlier in the game.
#15BrucebeePosted 1/27/2013 4:43:58 PM
Theres also things in the ocean, I have found sunken ships, hidden underwater ruins. Usually they all contain a loot chest and sometimes a relic.
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/qnmid1.jpg
"I will take what is mine with fire and blood."
#16Ephidel88Posted 1/27/2013 9:09:12 PM
AntiFox08 posted...
You're wrong actually. I took some outposts completely unopposed. I thought that when I was spotted killing in one, that caused me to not be allowed in other camps, but I guess that had no effect. What helped in taking the camps I was allowed in was luring whoever attacked me there so I could pick off the guards while they fought off my attackers. Half the time when I took an outpost, I would get attacked by the Rakyat as soon as the game finished loading and I would have to run inside the room asap to grab ammo instead of casually walking around like earlier in the game.

Well, i dunno what to tell ya, cuz I never once got attacked by the Rakyat after taking an outpost unless I accidentally killed one of them during the attack (which only happened once). Also, just like any other time, as long as you're not seen, you won't get attacked, but if they spot you within the boundaries of the outpost they will treat you as normal.

Thus why they alert you to the fact you enter a restricted area if you move inside the camp itself.
---
I am the rocks of the eternal shore...crash against me and be broken!
GT: Deadly Mantodea
#17AntiFox08Posted 1/27/2013 10:25:25 PM
Well, I don't know what to tell you, but when I first obtained the disguise and drove or walked, random suv passengers attacked me asap. The first few camps I took, I walked right in and nobody did a thing. Some of the later ones were restricted areas and I did just have to go guns blazing if I couldn't sneak in, but the early ones were definitely not contested. Also, when I took the camps, most of the time I was attacked as soon as the flag rose and the game finished loading.