How come the item is never where it says on the map?

#1ShadowElite86Posted 1/28/2013 4:23:54 PM
I've gone to 2 relic icons on the map and found nothing. Is the icon just the general area? This also happened with a lost letter icon. I've found relics before exactly where it says so I dunno.
#2nubs222Posted 1/28/2013 4:26:20 PM
Caves.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnyBGoode1122?feature=mhee
PSN: The_Despair_
#3ShadowElite86(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:16:30 PM
Ive looked for entrances and found none. If its under water cave thrn screw that. I poop myself when I have to get in the water.
#4mrmontiePosted 1/28/2013 6:26:06 PM
if you put a waypoint on the loot marker on the map then it will show you exactly where the item is, including elevation, which is extremely useful for the tricky ones. if you get too close then it removes the waypoint, so you might need to add it back if you're hunting around.

Look for dark spots on the map near the item. This is usually a cave entrance. A few of them more or less require the wingsuit in order to collect.
#5WebstedgePosted 1/28/2013 6:41:34 PM(edited)
the icon is very accurate. You're just at the wrong elevation. Look high and low

and yes it might be underwater
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
#6DarthMichael20Posted 1/28/2013 6:44:19 PM
Webstedge posted...
the icon is very accurate. You're just at the wrong elevation. Look high and low

and yes it might be underwater

Exactly.
---
"If a deaf/mute kid gives you the finger, does his mom wash his hands off with soap?" Hukt On Fonix Wrkt 4 Me
#7EdalborezPosted 1/28/2013 6:46:36 PM
Give the X/Y of the relic that's stumping you and someone can probably help.
#8swongqPosted 1/28/2013 7:30:54 PM
With relics you somtimes have to look around, especially if it blends in with the walls of caves. Some of them are extremly small. Microchips you just look for a laptop in the fast travel building where you are travelling to. Lost letters is usually in a building or a cave, Just look for a dead soldier.
#9ShadowElite86(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 8:10:41 PM
Thanks for the tips. Ill see again if I can find them otherwise Ill try and post approximately where I'm looking for it. I'm not too far into the game yet so I don't have a wing suit. Just got to the doctor and noticed his hang glider though.