WHAT is the point of silenced weapon if i still get HEARD anyways

#11OdinFearPosted 1/31/2013 12:15:13 AM
Bugmeat posted...
The further away you are the longer it will take them to find you, they rarely travel very far if you wait for them to lose their alert status before going back to work. Stay far away on a hill in some bushes and they will almost never spot you. Even when the snipers were on alert with their laser sight dead center on my bush they wouldn't notice me.

having a stream/river between you and your target helps as well. enemies NEVER (for me at least) cross the river on foot and if there isnt a bridge (natural or man made) near by, that ensures a fair amount of safety. as i said though, thats been the case for my playthrough.
---
RIP Khali (my 1st GFAQs account)
XBL GT - LUE Khali
#12JiminipPosted 1/31/2013 1:08:54 AM
darkdawnee posted...
It's realistic. Silencers aren't actually silent.

And the fact that it's a suppressor not a silencer.
---
Hey, a butterfly! Aw, look at those beautiful wings flappin. But, uh oh, here comes ka-slice!
#13Sonorous_Jon1S8Posted 1/31/2013 3:41:08 AM(edited)
Silencer is synonymous with suppressor, regardless that they dont function like in pop culture. They are both referring to the exact same device.
#14JiminipPosted 1/31/2013 6:39:01 AM
Sonorous_Jon1S8 posted...
Silencer is synonymous with suppressor, regardless that they dont function like in pop culture. They are both referring to the exact same device.

It may be synonymous but it's still inaccurate.
---
Hey, a butterfly! Aw, look at those beautiful wings flappin. But, uh oh, here comes ka-slice!
#15Samaellives91Posted 1/31/2013 10:05:37 AM
darkdawnee posted...
It's realistic. Silencers aren't actually silent.

Hence why military men call them suppressors.
---
This is the year where hope fails you.
#16squiggy9996999Posted 1/31/2013 10:33:05 AM
"Silencer is synonymous with suppressor, regardless that they dont function like in pop culture. They are both referring to the exact same device."

yes but one is a nick name, one is a description of what the device does. just because you can't get past the word "silencer" doesn't mean your point is valid. :P