Anyone else get bored toward the end? *spoilers

#1LeftWid3OpenPosted 1/30/2013 11:03:46 PM
Not bashing the game in any way. In fact, I was obsessed with it when I first got it. The gameplay is solid, and the atmosphere is unbelievable, but the game feels so dead to me and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I take out every outpost? All I'm really left with is killing a bear, or stabbing someone because it's Rakyat tradition. As for the story, Jason blows to me and Vaas being alive made the story infinitely better.

Anyways, that's my rant. It sounds like I hate the game but I don't. Great gameplay and atmosphere with a pretty good story is an obvious recipe for success but I'm just....bored.
Suggestions?

End blog.
#2VelvenCrossPosted 1/30/2013 11:11:33 PM
I wanted to get into this game just as much as the hypers did. But it never happened... I didn't finish the first island even before I got bored with it. Vaas being praised as much as he is, I don't understand why... he isn't anything special. But the game would have been better playing through Vaas' past, and letting us choose his path at the end. That or having a purpose to actually explore besides crappy collectables that add nothing, which you can just buy a map to pinpoint them all anyways. I've made a a few negative posts about it, but I don't hate it either, just disappointed.
#3lunarswordPosted 1/31/2013 11:09:10 AM
Every time I replay through I always seem to quit once I meet Sam. His portion just screams, CoD clone.
---
"This is all me. This is ALL ME!"
Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive
#4squiggy9996999Posted 1/31/2013 1:43:36 PM
i didn;t get bored but do find the game is boring if you unlock all of the outposts (who are you going to fight now?). on my 2nd save file i do not liberate outposts outside of one or two for specific requirements.