Saving Game

#1pmgamerPosted 2/2/2013 9:29:50 AM
I can't save the game all it will do is the auto save this puts me way back with a lot of time lost. Is there a way to save the game anytime or do you have to get deep into the game.
Phil
#2GlitchwerksPosted 2/2/2013 9:39:07 AM(edited)
It's in the pause menu at the bottom.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VKZH3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/tMlSo.jpg http://i.imgur.com/OXGN0.gif http://gifsoup.com/view5/3907877/otw-o.gif
#3pmgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:42:32 AM
I am sorry I know this I hit save then when I get killed it will not load my last save and all my time is lost I am back at the safe house.
Glitchwerks posted...
It's in the pause menu at the bottom.
#4ShaowstrikePosted 2/2/2013 9:46:13 AM
You can only do regular saves between missions. If you just started a new game you will have a few missions back to back, just check the menu to see if you have the option to "Abandon Mission". If you don't then you can perform a normal save.
#5pmgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:20:45 AM
Thanks I am trying to get to the Dr. Earnhardt mission and I can't go far with out getting killed or attacked by dogs. I just killed a mess of dogs by hand and tried to save the game.

It says the game already exists in slot 1 do I want to over write it. I say OK yet if I die I end up back at the safe house all that I did was lost.
Shaowstrike posted...
You can only do regular saves between missions. If you just started a new game you will have a few missions back to back, just check the menu to see if you have the option to "Abandon Mission". If you don't then you can perform a normal save.
#6darkphiresagePosted 2/2/2013 10:49:44 AM(edited)
the game doesn't save where you are. it will put you back at the safe house every time even if you manually saved somewhere on the other side of the island. stupid huh?

edit: also, if you're having trouble with wildlife, try either driving to get to where you're trying to go, (i hate the driving in this game), or crouch walk there. this is the way i travel everywhere i have to go. sneak through bushes and get up and run to the next patch of thick brush whenever i'm exposed, or crossing a road, or in an open field.

turn the music off in-game and keep the volume at a moderate level. you'll be able to hear, and eventually tell the difference between dogs, dingos, tigers, leopards, etc. the key is learning the approximate distance they are from you by how loud the growl is, and spotting them before they spot you.
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)
#7pmgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:46:12 AM
Yes this sucks I just got killed taking a boat across the lake I landed they were way out if the water and I got killed. My saves 3 did not take all was lost.

I don't like this at all.
darkphiresage posted...
the game doesn't save where you are. it will put you back at the safe house every time even if you manually saved somewhere on the other side of the island. stupid huh?
#8pmgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:16:02 PM
Thanks this is what I have been doing I need to hold more weapons and amo so when I am in a fix and out of amo I just go back the safe house. I am not sure but I think if you die you lose that you picked up and need to start over.

I don't like driving you always run into trouble with no time to get out of it. I guess it will take time to build up on weapons
and stuff.
darkphiresage posted...

edit: also, if you're having trouble with wildlife, try either driving to get to where you're trying to go, (i hate the driving in this game), or crouch walk there. this is the way i travel everywhere i have to go. sneak through bushes and get up and run to the next patch of thick brush whenever i'm exposed, or crossing a road, or in an open field.

turn the music off in-game and keep the volume at a moderate level. you'll be able to hear, and eventually tell the difference between dogs, dingos, tigers, leopards, etc. the key is learning the approximate distance they are from you by how loud the growl is, and spotting them before they spot you.
#9pmgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 3:00:57 PM
Well I got passed the Dr. mission and it's saved so it looks like it will be more fun now.