Wow the multiplayer in this is awful

#1DuwstaiPosted 2/3/2013 1:54:53 AM
Awful sluggish controls, poor frame rate, poor hit detection, and absolutely TERRIBLE lag.

No wonder no one plays this crap. Its completely broken and unplayable.

People talk crap about CoD, but even it destroys this. Even the newer CoDs with all the lag and lag comp garbage.

Single player is still fantastic but ugh. They should have just left this out rather than besmirch the name of Far Cry with this crap.

IMO
---
balls
#2Chill_DayPosted 2/3/2013 6:33:48 AM
Agree, it sucks major ass. Basically cod except way more terrible.
#3xESRPosted 2/3/2013 8:44:30 AM
I actually had more fun with this multiplayer than CoD or BF.
#4rttnPosted 2/3/2013 8:55:05 AM
Quote:I actually had more fun with this multiplayer than CoD or BF.
@EduardoESR

Agreed. My second favorite console fps mp game I've played. Crysis 2 being the first. I have never had any lag or any of the listed problems.
---
GT: rttnCRAFT
I want Skate 4 NOW!!
#5TurboSkunkPosted 2/3/2013 9:59:20 AM
What they should have done is made two separate games. Single and multi. And charged 30 for each.

Make the multiplayer not broken. Lobbies, severs, and AI /vehicles in the editor.

Both experiences could have been a lot better. I would have bought both.
---
Turbo Skunk... professional custom map tester.
#6xESRPosted 2/3/2013 11:02:48 AM
TurboSkunk posted...
What they should have done is made two separate games. Single and multi. And charged 30 for each.

Make the multiplayer not broken. Lobbies, severs, and AI /vehicles in the editor.

What you suggested is very stupid, why separate the game into two? There is a reason why nobody does that, It will lower profit by a lot. In most games It's the minority that gives a damn about multiplayer, so you'll end up selling the full experience for half the price. That wouldn't really benefit us at all, why would separating the game change how It works?
#73CDEDPosted 2/3/2013 11:56:27 AM
EduardoESR posted...
TurboSkunk posted...

What you suggested is very stupid, why separate the game into two? There is a reason why nobody does that, It will lower profit by a lot. In most games It's the minority that gives a damn about multiplayer, so you'll end up selling the full experience for half the price. That wouldn't really benefit us at all, why would separating the game change how It works?

if they had two dev crews one for each game then it'd be no different than making say sega GT and sega GT online

two games on the same engine just one has online capabilities and the other has ann indepth single player.
---
Resident GFAQS Toyota fanboi/ Drift Master
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8429/7816538416_df717aec0a_b.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHdriIl7VNw
#8ninjaman148Posted 2/3/2013 1:36:32 PM
I agree, not really that good.
---
Yo Buddy, Still Alive?
Rest In Peace - Our Beloved Dog Lukas (07-31-12) - Someday, We'll Meet Again On Rainbow Bridge
#9atomsteelePosted 2/3/2013 2:04:14 PM
Take out the drop shot and people can't handle it. Im having more fun with this than with Halobattleblops.
#10xESRPosted 2/3/2013 2:05:14 PM
3CDED posted...
EduardoESR posted...
TurboSkunk posted...

if they had two dev crews one for each game then it'd be no different than making say sega GT and sega GT online

two games on the same engine just one has online capabilities and the other has ann indepth single player.

If you want to support an idea, don't use an bankrupt company as an example.

I'm pretty sure in game development, they first focus on single player and then recycle most of the elements for the multiplayer, there is no need to make 2 different games for that. If space is an issue for you, keep in mind, in reality It isn't, Far Cry 3 takes less then 6gb while you can use up to 25gb on a single layered BD, so even If online was COMPLETELY different than single player, there would still be enough disc space to cover that. In short, there is no reason to make 2 games, one online and the other offline, that wouldn't benefit anyone.