This game is good, but one thing that is annoying to me is...

#21gdogghenriksonPosted 2/5/2013 1:28:52 PM
Slayer1 posted...
...climbing these stupid towers.
The later, tougher towers.
If I wanted to do precision jumping, I'd play Mario.
End of rant.

I agree
#22BrokenTuskPosted 2/6/2013 8:37:27 PM
I don't think he is saying they are complex, they are just time consuming and boring. Also how does removing a jammer from a radio tower "unlock" a printed map of the island, you know the one you found way back at the beginning of the game?
---
HK-47: Can I break his neck now master? It's been a long time fantasy of mine. You: Maybe later..
HK-47: Did you hear that meatbag? "I'LL BE BACK!"
#23VelvenCrossPosted 2/7/2013 12:18:18 AM
BrokenTusk posted...
I don't think he is saying they are complex, they are just time consuming and boring. Also how does removing a jammer from a radio tower "unlock" a printed map of the island, you know the one you found way back at the beginning of the game?

You get a layout of the land from viewing it, just like in AC. Lots of stuff is like AC, except AC was more entertaining, and the towers were more complicated.
#24embittererPosted 2/7/2013 11:16:46 AM
If it takes you over three minutes to do any of the towers then something is wrong with you, or you are very young. The ledges that you can climb have ropes on them. The other ledges do not. I'll agree that it isn't the most exciting aspect of the game, but it certainly isn't time consuming enough to complain about it.
---
Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
#25AlabamaLovePosted 2/7/2013 8:28:20 PM
lol
just lol
---
http://i.minus.com/itnFA09BqGOzs.gif http://i.imgur.com/Gqlg3.gif
#26ninjaman148Posted 2/7/2013 9:25:25 PM(edited)
Why don't you parachute onto the towers via wingsuit or hang glider then? Much more challenging. Or just go buy weapons at the gun store. Seriously it takes a few minutes to climb a tower.
---
Yo Buddy, Still Alive?
Rest In Peace - Our Beloved Dog Lukas (07-31-12) - Someday, We'll Meet Again On Rainbow Bridge
#27Ephidel88Posted 2/7/2013 11:34:35 PM
I didn't mind the towers themselves, but there were a few times the controls screwed me over. Like one part I just wanted to do a real gentle little jump to get over a very short obstacle to get to a walkway, and Jason does his parkour "jump over the hood of a car" kind of jump and completely overshot the platform.

Once I got the wingsuit, I just started parachuting about halfway up to make it a bit quicker.

If they really are irritating you, though, do them only as you need them to reveal terrain. It'll make it seem much less tedious. When I played through the game, I did as many as I could all at once, so it did get a little annoying to me.
---
I am the rocks of the eternal shore...crash against me and be broken!
GT: Deadly Mantodea
#28WebstedgePosted 2/8/2013 8:50:53 PM
it's not that climbing towers is too hard, it's that one little slip or press of A too late and SPLAT

repeat boring sequence all over again

most annoying feeling in the game
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
#29JackSolomonPosted 2/9/2013 11:39:24 AM
BrokenTusk posted...

He picks up a printed map, but that tablet he picks up first is the map you actually use in the game. GPS, etc. So when you knock out a jammer, that part of the GPS map is no longer jammed, unlocking it for use. I'd imagine the printed map was either rendered unusable from Jason's little swim shortly after, but his brother intended to take the printed one himself and leave Jason the GPS, in case they had to split up.

Given how things turn out, that wasn't an issue that needed exploring.
---
PSN: Xeriam
#30viewmaster_piPosted 2/9/2013 12:44:52 PM
The towers are cool. The only people who can't figure them out in less than literally two minutes are tweens who never played a platformer.

I mean, if you just don't like them, then whatevs, that's fine.

But if they're seriously too hard, then maybe you should stick with the E-rated games.
Also, avoid Mirrior's Edge at all costs. You will cry.
---
Sitting cross-legged on the floor, 25 or 6 to 4.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=565572