Anyone here actually shoot?

#21atomsteele(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 4:11:53 AM
Have fun. Where I live I can take my own ammo to a range and borrow any gun they have to test fire for free. As a result I have fired quite bit that I never would have had the chance to fire otherwise. It something they do every Wednesday to encourage new membership and gun safety and awareness. Its 5$ a round for skeet. Awesome place just for that I must say.
#22FrankWest2008Posted 2/6/2013 9:21:32 AM
I usually shoot at my local range or on a friend's property. I live in a small state but there is plenty of wide open land here. Shooting is a great sport and hobby, although very expensive. Don't let the hunk of steel and plastic scare you Luigioh, and your might want to check out the 4 tenants of gun safety.
---
GT:ChuckGreene2011
"It's not over yet!"- Liquid Snake, MGS1
#23MrDummyPosted 2/6/2013 11:31:07 AM
Yes, I rock an AK47 and several other items in my collection...

I noticed the deagle is very accurate assuming its the .50 cal version.

=)
---
Currently Playing: Far Cry 3 & Halo 4
(1) 360 + (1) 65" Widescreen (80" coming soon) HDTV + (1) 5.1 Digital Surround = LOVE
#24Joe_CobbsPosted 2/6/2013 12:15:26 PM
I don't personally own any guns right now but we do go to friends lot to shoot his guns.

Also, remember folks, when seconds count the police are only minutes away.
#25ninjaman148Posted 2/6/2013 2:14:36 PM
We have an SVD sniper rifle. Really nice rifle, but pretty darn heavy. It has a lug for a bayonet too, which is pretty interesting. The scope reticles are really nice too.
---
Yo Buddy, Still Alive?
Rest In Peace - Our Beloved Dog Lukas (07-31-12) - Someday, We'll Meet Again On Rainbow Bridge
#26MrDummyPosted 2/6/2013 2:31:56 PM
Hopefully the real svd is better than one in game for accuracy anyways...
---
Currently Playing: Far Cry 3 & Halo 4
(1) 360 + (1) 65" Widescreen (80" coming soon) HDTV + (1) 5.1 Digital Surround = LOVE
#27ninjaman148Posted 2/6/2013 5:18:03 PM
MrDummy posted...
Hopefully the real svd is better than one in game for accuracy anyways...

The one seen in this game is bizarrely portrayed in a reversed layout. As in, the mounting brackets for a scope are on the right side instead of the left side which is where it's supposed to be. Same goes for the bolt handle.

Basically reversed it for some reason.
---
Yo Buddy, Still Alive?
Rest In Peace - Our Beloved Dog Lukas (07-31-12) - Someday, We'll Meet Again On Rainbow Bridge
#28atomsteele(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 6:01:52 PM(edited)
Yeah....that's a common thing in games for some reason....maybe they think it looks better on screen. A real SVD is a nail driving beast that will shoot inside of 1 1/2 inches at around 300 yards. In short...it will canoe your face before you hear it or see the shooter. Long before.

Edit... my guess is they want to place the weapon on the right of the screen to give the feel of beIng right handed but that would place the bolt or scope ect in view at all times blocking a small portion of the screen. They just move things around to stay "true to life" but limit its interference.
Some games allow you to choose whether you shoot right or left handed and I always like that feature.
#29atomsteele(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 6:10:32 PM
MrDummy posted...
Yes, I rock an AK47 and several other items in my collection...

I noticed the deagle is very accurate assuming its the .50 cal version.

=)

I went shooting with a buddy who had one. I put a couple of rounds through it and it just hurt. I have big hands and a strong grip and I had to wonder why he enjoyed shooting it so much. I gave him the gun and stepped back. He stepped up...reloaded...pulled the trigger....and the gun blew up launching the slide 40 feet downrange and burning the hell out of my friend. No lie.
Other than the burns and essentially having a grenade go off next to his head he was fine. No real injury. However....niether he nor I have a clue what went wrong and I have honestly been afraid of the things ever since.
#30ninjaman148Posted 2/6/2013 7:07:12 PM
Well, sadly the SVD is usually portrayed as the low tier sniper rifle in most games. Usually gets the worst performance of the sniper rifles, usually modeled incorrectly. Usually the first rifle you unlock in a game. When it is really quite an impressive weapon. Like I said, it's heavy as hell, but the looks and feel of it are extraordinary.
---
Yo Buddy, Still Alive?