question about ammo

#1SOULAMAZING305Posted 2/6/2013 6:15:51 AM
If I'm low on ammo for a specific weapon I have unlocked for free, can I just replace the same weapon in my inventory and have it fully replenished with ammo?

If not, what is the best way to fully stock up on ammo without paying for it?

Thanks!
#2liam_000Posted 2/6/2013 6:31:47 AM
loot bodies and treasure chests. This game throws money at you left right and centre. But if you really want to be a tight ass with your money, use the bow and arrow.
---
gamertag; OozyCrayfish
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the whole ******* world.
#3EdalborezPosted 2/6/2013 9:08:45 AM
Replacing the weapon just refills the magazine in the weapon, I believe. The spare ammo count only increases by buying or picking up the ammo itself.

Best advice I can give is to always carry an Assault Rifle since that accounts for a large percentage of enemy bodies you can loot. Until you can make the absurdly large ammo pouches, try to limit your use of other weapons (Sniper Rifles in particular I find are easy to run out of ammo with) and stick more to takedowns and AR usage.
#4SOULAMAZING305(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:37:50 AM
Edalborez posted...
Replacing the weapon just refills the magazine in the weapon, I believe. The spare ammo count only increases by buying or picking up the ammo itself.

Best advice I can give is to always carry an Assault Rifle since that accounts for a large percentage of enemy bodies you can loot. Until you can make the absurdly large ammo pouches, try to limit your use of other weapons (Sniper Rifles in particular I find are easy to run out of ammo with) and stick more to takedowns and AR usage.

So say I'm carrying around a STG-90, and I'm running out of ammo. If I stumble across some dead pirates with AK's, can I pick up their ammo and replenish my STG-90? Even though that was AK-47 ammo?
#5EdalborezPosted 2/6/2013 12:44:19 PM
Assault Rifle ammo is Assault Rifle ammo is Assault Rifle ammo. So yes.
#6VelvenCrossPosted 2/7/2013 12:26:11 AM
liam_000 posted...
loot bodies and treasure chests. This game throws money at you left right and centre. But if you really want to be a tight ass with your money, use the bow and arrow.

Yeah, one time I got a whopping $10 off some guy. I was like, holy crap! I'M FINALLY RICH! But then I had to pay $100 for my ammo... hah, yeah... rich!
#7Slayer1Posted 2/7/2013 10:44:36 AM
Another tip on ammo:
Before spending a lot to refill ammo, take a quick look around surrounding dwellings/outposts for stacks of ammo. I frequently find ammo stacks here and there. Although, sometimes these stacks get shot up during a firefight.
---
Paine's songstress CT