They REALLY ****** up the multiplayer for this game.

#1MlCKHEADPosted 2/8/2013 7:09:18 AM
Far Cry Instincts multplayer ****s all over FC2 and FC3's.

I like variety in my FPS games but I guess its just another COD clone now. Disappointing, and they left out the best game mode too, where is my Predator mode? C'mon now, what a shambles.
---
GT: Micktory
#2rttnPosted 2/8/2013 7:13:41 AM
Yeah I hate when things advance too. I miss flip-phones and that sweet sound dial-up made too
---
GT: rttnCRAFT
I want Skate 4 NOW!!
#3KazGotFiredPosted 2/8/2013 7:15:18 AM
Yeah I hate when things advance too.

The multiplayer in this is a broken mess, not an advancement.
---
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/grumpy-cat-42-starwars.jpg
#4rttnPosted 2/8/2013 7:25:47 AM
Quote:From: rttn | #002

@KazGotFired

Opinion, doesn't matter. Never had any of the problems I see people complain about and I play the MP every day. Do I scream at my tv on occasion, yeah. That's not the games fault though it's because I got killed because someone was better

On the other note. "Another CoD clone". How? Is it because it allows you to customize your loadouts to your gameplay, having ADS, guns, the ability to sprint, the thousand other things that all FPS games have had for years now.

One thing I see that CoD doesn't or many other MP FPS games don't have is player created maps. Yeah the map makers kinda got a huge slap to the face in terms of the series, still better than nothing though which is what you get with BF3 and CoD.

What a concept. Virtually new maps everyday to play and I don't have to buy some ridiculous season pass or blow 20$ on 3 maps that look identical to the rest.

/rant
---
I want Skate 4 NOW!!
#53CDEDPosted 2/8/2013 8:08:44 AM
rttn posted...
Yeah I hate when things advance too. I miss flip-phones

flip phones were not nearly as cool as flip up headlights.

http://www.motormavens.com/emAlbum/albums/Contributors/Sam%20Attal/Events/Fatlace%20WordUp!/_fullsize/IMG_3042-WordUp-Fatlace-SantaClara-Drifting.jpg

and that sweet sound dial-up made too

thats called dubstep
---
Resident GFAQS Toyota fanboi/ Drift Master
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8429/7816538416_df717aec0a_b.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHdriIl7VNw
#6KazGotFiredPosted 2/8/2013 8:12:52 AM
Opinion, doesn't matter. Never had any of the problems I see people complain about and I play the MP every day. Do I scream at my tv on occasion, yeah. That's not the games fault though it's because I got killed because someone was better

I could say the same thing. Your opinion doesn't matter.

The fact is a lot of people on this board and the Far Cry forums have complained about how bad the multiplayer and co-op are, and almost all of their complaints are valid. You can't choose sessions, there's no public hosting in co-op, and there's no way to really play all the good maps that people make.

This game could have been excellent, but they dropped the ball in many regards.
---
#7MlCKHEAD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 8:35:11 AM
rttn posted...
Quote:From: rttn | #002

@KazGotFired

On the other note. "Another CoD clone". How? Is it because it allows you to customize your loadouts to your gameplay, having ADS, guns, the ability to sprint, the thousand other things that all FPS games have had for years now.

One thing I see that CoD doesn't or many other MP FPS games don't have is player created maps. Yeah the map makers kinda got a huge slap to the face in terms of the series, still better than nothing though which is what you get with BF3 and CoD.

What a concept. Virtually new maps everyday to play and I don't have to buy some ridiculous season pass or blow 20$ on 3 maps that look identical to the rest.

/rant

Lol you're so mad. There is a reason that there was only 500 people in the entire world playing the game a few days ago when I played. And please, don't try to make out that the multiplayer is in any way balanced and competitive, its not at all. Its all about who has the better weapon and who sees who first. Its nothing but a bad joke.

And I like how you string together a list of features that compare the multiplayer to COD. Yeah, that is point I was making, thanks for that.
---
GT: Micktory
#8rttnPosted 2/8/2013 9:19:38 AM
MlCKHEAD posted...
Lol you're so mad. There is a reason that there was only 500 people in the entire world playing the game a few days ago when I played.

Is that maybe because this series isn't made on a yearly basis to garner the fan base BF3 or CoD has and suffers like any other new FPS with MP

And please, don't try to make out that the multiplayer is in any way balanced and competitive, its not at all.

and either of those two aforementioned games are without patches?

Its all about who has the better weapon and who sees who first. Its nothing but a bad joke.

Sounds like you are just bad at the game to me. I've escaped players a ton of times after being shot, even gaining some double survivor kills

And I like how you string together a list of features that compare the multiplayer to COD. Yeah, that is point I was making, thanks for that.

CoD didn't invent those things you realize?

KazGotFired posted...

The fact is a lot of people on this board and the Far Cry forums have complained about how bad the multiplayer and co-op are, and almost all of their complaints are valid. You can't choose sessions, there's no public hosting in co-op, and there's no way to really play all the good maps that people make.

Those aren't things that "Break" the MP. Those are features that we didn't get. I will agree that having those things would improve the experience, but they don't make anything in game better or worse. That and people constantly complain. about everything, even myself complaining about the complaints
---
400msp will get you Bloody Good Time. If you don't have it, you should.
#9KazGotFiredPosted 2/8/2013 9:37:31 AM
Those aren't things that "Break" the MP. Those are features that we didn't get. I will agree that having those things would improve the experience, but they don't make anything in game better or worse. That and people constantly complain. about everything, even myself complaining about the complaints

They do indeed break the multiplayer and co-op.

There is a reason that there was only 500 people in the entire world playing the game a few days ago when I played.

Is that maybe because this series isn't made on a yearly basis to garner the fan base BF3 or CoD has and suffers like any other new FPS with MP

No, it's because both FC2 and FC3 have suffered from severe problems. Most of us figured Ubisoft would fix the issues from FC2 in FC3. They didn't. In fact, in a lot of ways the game is worse than FC2.

They keep chasing away their audience with poor releases. It's their fault.
---
#10SolidStryderPosted 2/8/2013 1:52:11 PM
KazGotFired posted...

They do indeed break the multiplayer and co-op.

There is a reason that there was only 500 people in the entire world playing the game a few days ago when I played.

No, it's because both FC2 and FC3 have suffered from severe problems. Most of us figured Ubisoft would fix the issues from FC2 in FC3. They didn't. In fact, in a lot of ways the game is worse than FC2.

They keep chasing away their audience with poor releases. It's their fault.

FC3 has multiplayer? I thought it just had the amazing single player, brb