Just finished the game. (Spoilers) Also, I'm an idiot. (That's not spoilers)

#1DarkJaydragonPosted 2/8/2013 8:25:39 AM
Loved the game, had lots of stand-out moments and amazing scenery/set-pieces and imo, every fps needs a wing-suit, I loved flying round the world.

The ending let me down slightly, while I still liked the ending I choose (saving the friends) I always had it in my head that the whole game was somehow Jason's sub-conscious the entire time, like he had done something wrong irl like maybe accidentally killed his brother, betrayed his friends and girl-friend etc and was now trapped in some sort of mental hell for it since he could never forgive himself, something like Silent Hill in a way.

Also, I didn't realise there was a cover system in the game until just before I killed Hoyt.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#2squiggy9996999Posted 2/8/2013 8:54:47 AM
^for me the scene where she kidnaps your friends ruined the choice. it went from moral grey area to cheesy black and white kids story stuff.

before that it was an interesting choice - do i go home or stay and be a legend? but then she goes from implied to overt psycho and it takes all the shock/steam out of the "bad ending" because it's kind of obvious now how psycho she really is.
#3DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 9:30:41 AM
squiggy9996999 posted...
^for me the scene where she kidnaps your friends ruined the choice. it went from moral grey area to cheesy black and white kids story stuff.

before that it was an interesting choice - do i go home or stay and be a legend? but then she goes from implied to overt psycho and it takes all the shock/steam out of the "bad ending" because it's kind of obvious now how psycho she really is.

Yeah I had a feeling that was coming when Dennis started acting weird.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#4usmovers_02Posted 2/8/2013 1:32:22 PM
It's a real shame. I only JUST beat the game 10 minutes ago and the final few missions are some of the best FPS missions ever IMO. But the ending (both of them) are just so sudden and anticlimactic. Metal Gear 2 still has the best ending. Over an hour of story only.
---
www.nohomophobes.com
#5squiggy9996999Posted 2/8/2013 1:33:24 PM
it's not awful, they just dropped the ball. FC2 was a better ending.

no biggie, though.
#6M4karovPosted 2/8/2013 2:21:27 PM(edited)
I don't really like the plot to Far Cry 3, honestly. It takes itself so seriously that it misses out on fun. Rape/slave trade plots don't really mesh well with an open world based on blowing stuff up and having fun. The characters besides Vaas & Sam are forgettable, the main character is passive as hell during cutscenes.

Jason's journey didn't feel natural to me. I know the writers feel like it's some deep complex story but it just didn't do it for me.
#7squiggy9996999Posted 2/8/2013 2:24:10 PM
^it is when you're on an island of crazy people and slowly going crazy. you don;t have to like the MC, it's better when he's hard to like imo.
#8M4karovPosted 2/8/2013 3:13:29 PM
I don't understand why he's supposed to be going crazy. He's only killing people to save his friends. We've played countless other games where the main character kills thousands and doesn't go crazy.

Why would he want to stay on the island anyway? It's only full of warriors/mercs/drugs/slaves.
#9Darth_Mark38Posted 2/8/2013 10:11:45 PM
Cover System?
---
XBL Gamertag: Mark88880
Loud Noises.
#10shaboo_dePosted 2/9/2013 2:11:25 AM
Darth_Mark38 posted...
Cover System?