Real talk though, animals are kind of OP

#11VexNoFacePosted 2/10/2013 1:55:52 AM
Webstedge posted...
I have a $3000 SMG. Clearly it cost that much because it is a quality weapon, with bullets that do a ton of damage.

So why is it that when I empty a full clip of it into a charging tiger, not only is it still alive, but able to charge at me with exactly as much speed as if it was fully healthy? But one or two bullets will kill a man, dead? Something seems off.

Real talk
SMG
Bullets that do a ton of damage
Clip
Charging tiger
One or two bullets will kill a man, dead?

When someone says "real talk", something racist usually follow and they are somehow a victim. I'm impressed this is not the case I usually here when that term starts someones mouth spewing.

SMG means sub machine gun. A SMG almost exclusively uses pistol caliber rounds. So no, it's not a ton of damage. They are usually full auto, but must be fired in burst to maintain control because the felt recoil is high. It is absolutely NOT something to be used for long range engagements or hunting large animals.

A SMG doesn't use a stripper clip, it uses a magazine. The terms are only interchangeable if the people talking don't know what they're talking about.

Someone already explained why a tiger would continue to charge, but he left a few things out. He explained it more than well enough though.

Ok, if a man took one or two bullets... let's say straight to the heart for this example. Yup... he's been "killed, dead". If he's lucky, he'll pass out from shock or pain instantly. But getting shot then being immediately dead isn't the way it works, it's different than it is in the movies. If you put one or two bullets (wouldn't matter how many, one will do it) through a persons heart, it will take around 20-30 seconds for him to die. You don't die from having your heart pierced, you die from the bleeding out internally that ensues. A tiger is no different.
---
VexNoFace likes it rough.
WARNING: Marking a mods alt account for blatant trolling will get you suspended. I know this from experience. LOL
#12VexNoFacePosted 2/10/2013 2:19:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13LF382Posted 2/10/2013 5:26:58 AM
Just carry a shotgun. Bull can put down every animal I've fought with one well placed shot.
---
"PS3 seriously does everything. It revived itself from the dead. It's like Jesus with Blu-Ray." ~Mairuzu
#14Webstedge(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 6:44:51 AM
VexNoFace posted...

When someone says "real talk", something racist usually follow and they are somehow a victim. I'm impressed this is not the case I usually here when that term starts someones mouth spewing.

lol what the hell? since when? real talk is a phrase that's been used everywhere since forever
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
#153CDEDPosted 2/10/2013 7:11:22 AM
Webstedge posted...
lol what the hell? since when? real talk is a phrase that's been used everywhere since forever

considering mankind has only existed for a finite amount of time i highly doubt its been used since forever.

i also doubt that its a derogatory phrase.
---
Resident GFAQS Toyota fanboi/ Drift Master
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8429/7816538416_df717aec0a_b.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHdriIl7VNw
#16Pure_LionHeartPosted 2/10/2013 7:26:20 AM(edited)
I think he's just referring to the general usage of "real talk", "let's be honest here", etc, especially on the internet, to preface statements like "this race/gender/age group/sexual orientation/etc. is simply much more likely to [insert terribel thing here]".

Seems weird to generalize such a statement to that whole tone, but then it's even weirder that there are now four people involved in a conversation about it's usage. >_>
---
Do you feel like a hero yet?
#17Gobey6Posted 2/10/2013 11:45:21 AM
Wanna take out animals easily? Flamethrower.... Or C4.... You don't have to just use guns
---
"You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback." --- Gamertag: Gobey6
#18VexNoFacePosted 2/10/2013 12:40:21 PM
Pure_LionHeart posted...
I think he's just referring to the general usage of "real talk", "let's be honest here", etc, especially on the internet, to preface statements like "this race/gender/age group/sexual orientation/etc. is simply much more likely to [insert terribel thing here]".

Seems weird to generalize such a statement to that whole tone, but then it's even weirder that there are now four people involved in a conversation about it's usage. >_>

No, I meant exactly what I said. Never heard anyone use that term online before right now, this is the only forum website I go to. I was talking about real life. Dozens of times I've had a witness or victim say, "real talk, that [racial slur for white person] did" this or that etc, usually clapping hands as they're talking. Or "real talk, you arrestin' me cause I'm black". Those are literally the exact words and I've heard both dozens of times. I'm not referring to some general usage or making a generalization, it was a direct point of repeat.
---
VexNoFace likes it rough.
WARNING: Marking a mods alt account for blatant trolling will get you suspended. I know this from experience. LOL
#19Rasko501Posted 2/10/2013 4:30:05 PM
Back on topic - TC, the answer to your question is poor programming.
#20EiffelPosted 2/12/2013 8:12:28 AM
Last night I shot a tiger in the head with my silenced sniper from about 90m out. He reacted like I had thrown a pebble at his ass, and just got angry. He then charged straight at me even though I was crouched, 90m away, and using a silenced rifle. Had to finish him off with the flamethrower.

Yes, animals are a lot op.