How do you feel about the...<SPOILERS>

#1marathonplayer1Posted 2/13/2013 4:32:09 AM
Ink Monster fight?

Honestly, I didn't like it. it felt out of place. It was fun, but didn't really fit with the rest of the game.
---
GET OUT OF MY BASE, GENERAL!
#2drewpot2001Posted 2/13/2013 5:35:30 AM
I loved it.

It was the closest thing to a real "Boss battle" in the entire game.

I kinda wish they had went for trippy drugged out sequences for all boss fights, that way the boss could seem huge, crazy, monster-like or overwhelmingly powerful.

Quick time event boss fights are just terrible... THEY felt out of place and ruined the experience.
#3shinnok2k5Posted 2/13/2013 5:40:00 AM
I dunno, i agree it sort of felt out of place. All of a sudden magical compasses and crap come into play? Meh.
---
USA>Canada (people who agree:18 people who disagree:0)
"We live in a world of give and take, but not enough men are willing to give what it takes"
#4JiminipPosted 2/13/2013 6:27:31 AM
You were tripping balls when you faced it so it was kind of expected IMO. One of the best parts of the game I thought.
---
Hey, a butterfly! Aw, look at those beautiful wings flappin. But, uh oh, here comes ka-slice!
#5TrickFlowFettPosted 2/14/2013 1:27:47 AM
The trippy fight was cool, though I thought it was frustrating. The fight that really bothered me was the QTE with Vaas. After all he had done in the story, I couldn't wait to kill him. Then Jason gets stabbed in the chest, has a weird trippy knife fight with him, then wakes up to find out that Vaas is dead? I didn't get that at all.
#6marathonplayer1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 5:02:43 AM
TrickFlowFett posted...
The trippy fight was cool, though I thought it was frustrating. The fight that really bothered me was the QTE with Vaas. After all he had done in the story, I couldn't wait to kill him. Then Jason gets stabbed in the chest, has a weird trippy knife fight with him, then wakes up to find out that Vaas is dead? I didn't get that at all.

It was very anti climactic
---
#7marathonplayer1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 5:54:01 PM
bump
---
#8EssDizzlePosted 2/14/2013 10:32:18 PM
TrickFlowFett posted...

I dont think you're supposed to fully understand that right away. That moment is supposed to kind of make you say 'wtf'. What's happening is the jungle, your path, the drugs and syringes full of strange plants on a random island shoved into your arm everytime you trip over a rock is really, actually starting to have a real effect on your mental state. Jason gets stabbed in the chest and completely blacks out and goes into a rage, killing Vaas. This is evidenced by the sequence when you "black out" while fighting Hoyt and wake up in a room full of dead soldiers. You were hallucinating killing multiple Hoyts but in reality murdered a whole platoon of Hoyt's best dudes.