Just bought the game for $40. Worth it? No spoilers please.

#11cubegod69erPosted 2/16/2013 10:51:27 AM
Skotzen posted...
Hell yes it's worth it! I don't even like shooters and I love this game.

This. I'm not a shooter fan at all, but this game is like a sandbox adventure/shooter.
#12ApexMjolnirPosted 2/16/2013 11:10:22 AM
according to the info from all the advertisements, this game should be identical to Fallout, Which is TECHNICALLY Oblivion with guns, since they claimed FAR CRY 3 to be Skyrim With Guns.

If this is the truth, then I am sold... if this is false then $20 game day at Gamestop it is.
---
GT: Wonderpill
#13dooyaunastanPosted 2/16/2013 11:46:48 AM
Game is much more akin to Skyrim than Fallout.

120 relics to collect, side & extra missions, like 14 side missions, 24 path of the hunter quests, 20 something wanted: dead quests, 14 or so supply drops, 12 or so rakyat trials (the ones on the second island are AWESOME), 38 story quests I think?

P.S. racing a dune buggy up a steep mountain only to hit a tiny rock and be ejected off the mountain and climbing out and deploying your wingsuit mid-air, totally worth $60.
---
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison
#14VelvenCrossPosted 2/16/2013 6:19:13 PM
ApexMjolnir posted...
according to the info from all the advertisements, this game should be identical to Fallout, Which is TECHNICALLY Oblivion with guns, since they claimed FAR CRY 3 to be Skyrim With Guns.

If this is the truth, then I am sold... if this is false then $20 game day at Gamestop it is.

Its not Skyrim or Oblivion or even Fallout. Not even remotely close!

This is Assassin's Creed + some FPS game. Except you don't play a badass assassin most of the game, you're stuck being the Desmond of the story, pretending to be badass.
#15lilstingPosted 2/16/2013 7:30:17 PM
This is a great game. It is selling really well, and exceeding expectations. To me it is one of the most under appreciated games of 2012. It has an amazing single player held together by a solid story. The coop mode is fun to run through at least once. The multiplayer is the only average part about this game. The map editor is the best of any FPS game though. The game is indeed worth $60. At $40 is a great deal. No need to fret bro, you made an excellent purchase.
#16iomega311Posted 2/16/2013 7:42:31 PM
VelvenCross posted...
ApexMjolnir posted...

This is Assassin's Creed + some FPS game. Except you don't play a badass assassin most of the game, you're stuck being the Desmond of the story, pretending to be badass.

One of those people who think that, because there are camera sweeps after powering on radio towers, the game has any sort of similarities to the AC franchise. You don't deserve to be playing something as good as FC3, you don't appreciate it.
---
More proof that committing actual violence inspires the playing of violent video games.
http://backloggery.com/iomega311
#17VelvenCrossPosted 2/16/2013 9:38:02 PM
iomega311 posted...
VelvenCross posted...
ApexMjolnir posted...

One of those people who think that, because there are camera sweeps after powering on radio towers, the game has any sort of similarities to the AC franchise. You don't deserve to be playing something as good as FC3, you don't appreciate it.

You forgot the instant kill moves, the stronghold/towers, loot maps, etc. I don't know how it isn't painfully obvious. But does that mean you think it's Skyrim with guns too? Even though it has no similarities at all. Actually I'm not sure which way you're actually trying to argue this, first you sound more like you are echoing what I said, then you get rude because I compared Jason to Desmond?

Also if you're against what I said, why would comparing it to AC be a bad thing? It's clearly an FPS game at its core, they splashed in AC elements and it was a nice touch. I enjoyed the stealth parts, but the empty 'open-world' was disappointing. Combine that with the horrible story, and Jason's patented 'ruin the moment' voice, it made the main missions a cringe-fest. That last part is clearly 'my opinion'.
#18yiangaruuugaPosted 2/17/2013 8:09:50 AM
So....you don't expect a open-world game made by Ubisoft to be somewhat identical to the AC series? Last time I checked, they were produced by the exact same companies! Of course there will be similarities of the two. They are pretty much the same game, but in different settings, and different storylines.

I bought the game for $60 and I just finished the campaign. I put in 21 hours beating the main quest, exploring and unlocked the whole map, and doing all Wanted and Hunting quests. I think I got more than my money's worth. If you bought this game thinking that multiplayer was going to be pure awesomeness, then shame on you for thinking so.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#19KazGotFiredPosted 2/17/2013 9:11:51 AM
If you bought this game thinking that multiplayer was going to be pure awesomeness, then shame on you for thinking so.

Seriously? Get out of here with that nonsense. There's no excuse for having piss poor multiplayer in a game. You're acting stupid.

This should have been a well polished product in all areas. If the multiplayer had actually been done well, this game would have sold 10 million copies easy, because the map editor is extremely good.

People who sit and make excuses for bad game development and bad games are the worst and most ignorant trolls on GameFAQs.
---
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/grumpy-cat-42-starwars.jpg
#20iomega311Posted 2/17/2013 11:49:53 PM
VelvenCross posted...
iomega311 posted...
VelvenCross posted...
ApexMjolnir posted...

You forgot the instant kill moves, the stronghold/towers, loot maps, etc. I don't know how it isn't painfully obvious. But does that mean you think it's Skyrim with guns too? Even though it has no similarities at all. Actually I'm not sure which way you're actually trying to argue this, first you sound more like you are echoing what I said, then you get rude because I compared Jason to Desmond?

Also if you're against what I said, why would comparing it to AC be a bad thing? It's clearly an FPS game at its core, they splashed in AC elements and it was a nice touch. I enjoyed the stealth parts, but the empty 'open-world' was disappointing. Combine that with the horrible story, and Jason's patented 'ruin the moment' voice, it made the main missions a cringe-fest. That last part is clearly 'my opinion'.

Ok.. so perhaps I came off as a bit harsh, but I do not believe these franchises should be compared directly.

I've yet to play Skyrim, but Oblivion I have, and the game has some similarities to it (mainly in finding the numerous ancient caves and ruins to explore and find loot). There are many "staple" elements in the game that have been prevalent in the open world genre for years, so things like silent takedowns and stealth, although much a part of the AC games, should be judged on its own merits in FC3, since they designs of these games differ drastically when it comes to this gameplay aspect.

And I completely disagree with the game world being empty, considering the smattering of activities throughout the entire world. There's usually something fun or worth-while nearby at any point on the map.
---
More proof that committing actual violence inspires the playing of violent video games.
http://backloggery.com/iomega311