I like the game...

#1nuschler2212Posted 2/9/2014 11:39:18 AM
I hate the story.

And the unskippable cutscenes that are entirely too long. I want to play a video game not watch a movie.

I haven't played Far Cry before but when developers force you to watch their pathetic movie in the game it certainly helps me make a decision on how I'm going to go after getting the next game from them.

As it is I wasn't interested in it until it was out a while and the price was way down.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#2scott0728Posted 2/10/2014 9:57:35 AM
That's funny. I actually loved the story. One of the things most games get cut down for is their lack of a developed story. I have told many people that this is one of the best developed stories of any campaign I have played (I've played over 100 games). I thought it did a great job of taking a frat boy, and showing his changes through grief, survival, immersion in local culture (not giving anything away), and revenge. I thought it was extremely well done.

But I totally agree with you about not being able to skip the cut scenes. I'm on my second playthrough, and don't need to hear all of them again. That should be a basic feature of all games.

Oh, and if you hate the long scenes, don't eat the magic pills that say "Eat me." They provide a lot of background, but boy are they long!

Regardless, certainly on my all time best game list.
#3nuschler2212(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 10:02:27 AM
I did one by mistake (magic beans).

This game is also weird for me physically. I love open world games and spent a lot of time with RDR and JC2, but this has been the only one where I get nauseous when I play.

I'm trying to finish story mode, although I think I saw a spoiler on how it ends. I have to take a dramamine before I play, lol, or else I feel like throwing up.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#4The_RivPosted 2/10/2014 4:53:19 PM
nuschler2212 posted...

This game is also weird for me physically. I love open world games and spent a lot of time with RDR and JC2, but this has been the only one where I get nauseous when I play.

I'm trying to finish story mode, although I think I saw a spoiler on how it ends. I have to take a dramamine before I play, lol, or else I feel like throwing up.

Hmm.. I have experienced that before but not with FC3. You could try messing with your TV's picture settings a bit, the colours in this game are a bit bright and it could be the contrast between them messing with your eyes. If there's a setting called "colour" on your TV turn it down a little (this will desaturate the colours) and dim the backlight if you're using an LCD/Plasma. That may help, and would be a better alternative to loading up on antihistamines lol.
#5nuschler2212(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 10:29:12 AM
The_Riv posted...
nuschler2212 posted...

Hmm.. I have experienced that before but not with FC3. You could try messing with your TV's picture settings a bit, the colours in this game are a bit bright and it could be the contrast between them messing with your eyes. If there's a setting called "colour" on your TV turn it down a little (this will desaturate the colours) and dim the backlight if you're using an LCD/Plasma. That may help, and would be a better alternative to loading up on antihistamines lol.

I appreciate the advice, but I doubt it's the color. I just think its the motion for some reason. If I go slow, I have no issues. If I run or am in battle, that's when it gets worse.
---
#6GuyFawkes5Posted 2/18/2014 9:55:54 PM
I fail to understand any of your complaints.
---
Instagram @jmann43
#7nuschler2212(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 10:30:04 AM
GuyFawkes5 posted...
I fail to understand any of your complaints.

Awesome. Thanks for pointing out you're an idiot so I can immediately put you on ignore.

So much easier than having a conversation with you thinking you're intelligent. :)
---
#8FollowingRulesPosted 2/19/2014 2:44:21 PM
The story is kind of 50/50 for me. I wish vaas was more present and that they didn't swap him out for hoyt. The story got weak once the second island started.