Far cry 4: would you be mad if it was split gen

#11Link_2666Posted 5/8/2014 10:05:20 PM
usmovers_02 posted...
I think it's too late in the game for cross gen games. Most cross gen games are announced before the new gen launches or shortly after.

Not necessarily true. Take Call of duty for example (albeit, activision is pretty transparent on that one). Also, Sony has expressed interest in keeping the PS3 alive longer than they kept the PS2 support going into the PS3 era. I'm not sure about MS's stand on the 360.

But to answer the TC, I'm starting to think about the possibilities of the now current gen hardware and how amazing it could be. Split gen games are notorious for holding back current-gen capabilities because the focus is split. I'm going to want to start seeing the true
power of the new consoles.
---
PSN: ShadowShockX. XBL: Ace0fSpades52
Currently playing: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PS4), Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
#12ChelloYallPosted 5/12/2014 3:38:58 PM
Link_2666 posted...
I'm not sure about MS's stand on the 360.

I believe MS has stated a 2 year committment from the time the One released, so maybe another year and a half? However, that doesn't necessrily mean that devs will want to take advantage of that support. But they certainly could.
#13Link_2666Posted 5/19/2014 7:56:08 PM
Well, now we have confirmation that Far Cry 4 will indeed be split generation. Thoughts anyone?
---
PSN: ShadowShockX. XBL: Ace0fSpades52
Currently playing: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PS4), Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
#14EmoBanger69Posted 5/20/2014 11:48:36 AM
Link_2666 posted...
Well, now we have confirmation that Far Cry 4 will indeed be split generation. Thoughts anyone?

Meh, I don't really care. Hopefully they do something like GTA V where they have a separate disc to install data, as well as letting you install the play disc to maximize the 360's potential.

Hell even if they didn't although I would LOVE better graphics, as long as it's at least as fun as FC3, I'll buy it, and most likely enjoy it. Just as long as there's no changing discs involved.
#15Estabon1Posted 6/2/2014 1:59:15 PM
Cross-gen development is killing potentially excellent titles right now. I'd rather not.
---
Man. First world problems. - atomsteele re. GTAV
GT: Shawn Batey
#16Easterling301Posted 6/8/2014 1:02:59 PM
I disagree cross gen is killing games right now because although the newer consoles are more powerful game developers have been using that power to make individual hairs move and fish to react to you instead using the added power to make there worlds more immersive and there campaign's longer/better.
#17AxCUNNINGxSTUNTPosted 6/27/2014 8:21:25 AM
Just look at BF 4 on the 360, and all it's bugs and faults.
---
That which does not kill makes you stronger.
GT OldeEnglishBoy
#18PineappleLionPosted 6/27/2014 4:00:14 PM
What kind of person plays FPS on consoles ? Stupid kind of person, that's what kind.

Is this some kind of a joke?