Second island is kicking my ass hard

#1k darkfirePosted 6/8/2014 2:37:29 PM
the heavys are invincible, literally. Even sniping barely hurts them. Every single outpost has dozens of guards several heavys and RPG guys and constantly call for reinforcements. I can't even do it stealth because they always see me, and if I go rambo I die almost instantly. Even on easy everything kills me almost instantly.
#2Mr Penguin 007Posted 6/8/2014 8:17:47 PM
I'm playing on Master difficulty. It's my second play-through. The way I deal with heavies while trying to be undetected goes as such: I lay a mine, go hide, throw a rock at the mine, and laugh maniacally as their body floats through the air. C4 works too.
---
GT: Coltonius
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas
#3Mr Penguin 007Posted 6/9/2014 9:34:10 PM
Also, a single flaming arrow will take out a heavy.
---
#4LogicmongerPosted 6/12/2014 7:04:48 AM
Mr Penguin 007 posted...

A machine gun heavy. Use a grenade arrow for the flamethrower heavies.
#5Mr Penguin 007Posted 6/12/2014 3:46:43 PM
Logicmonger posted...
Mr Penguin 007 posted...

A machine gun heavy. Use a grenade arrow for the flamethrower heavies.

True, thanks for correcting that.
---
#6PuffNickyPosted 6/20/2014 10:16:46 AM
My main ways of dealing with heavy troops are Stealth Takedowns, Shotguns and Mines (whichever one is most applicable at the time).
---
XBL GT: PuffNicky
#7Wolfie80Posted 7/1/2014 5:17:26 AM
The heavy takedown skill is a true blessing! 500xp per takedown is clutch, if you get caught just run around a little and they lose you. The most important thing I have found is that you have to mark them so you always know where they are. Find a nice vantage point pre raid and bust out your camera, it makes quite a big difference!
#8Eduardo_mscPosted 7/17/2014 3:33:04 PM
the Z93 sniper rifle penetrates armor, meaning you can headshot a heavy enemy as if it was a regular one. also, heavy takedown. the second island isn't hard. in fact, the weapons there are so much better that I actually find it easier than the first island.
---
GT: Eduardomsc; Pawn: Tyrande, lvl 200 Sorcerer;
Alt GT: EdwardTheAlt; Pawn: Maiev, lvl 39 Ranger.
#9NemesisOgreKingPosted 7/18/2014 6:06:27 PM
Get the AMR, Ripper, and Shredder. You don't need much beyond those 3 easily unlocked
signature weapons. With the Shredder, about half a mag into the head of a Heavy kills them.
The AMR is instant death anywhere on the heavies body. Plus the AMR can blow up
any vehicle with one shot to the engine block.
The Ripper is great for when you set off an outposts alarms and have to deal with
reinforcements. Few things can survive a burst from the Ripper.

Wolfie80
The heavy takedown skill is a true blessing!

That too.
---
~ Not gonna lie, Mike Tyson.
~ If you can get past, can you also get future?
#10RaphaelBelmontPosted 7/23/2014 1:42:39 PM
Eduardo_msc posted...
the Z93 sniper rifle penetrates armor, meaning you can headshot a heavy enemy as if it was a regular one. also, heavy takedown. the second island isn't hard. in fact, the weapons there are so much better that I actually find it easier than the first island.

it is totally easier...

i see ppl always talking about silencers, but in reality the bazooka is the best weapon for undetected assault, take a shot, hide, in south island you should have the medicine that let's you see ppl inside houses, etc, and mostly houses can be burned down, which makes them come out. the sniping is only to kill snipers or ppl far from others views...the rest is silence. btw, getting to high places with no more than 100 meters away you can clean the place easily, even on hunter missions, just identify captains and let them alive for takedowns which are easy with fewer ppl around.

tl;dr: bazooka
---
No, you were dead, and is now reborn in your perfect being, there's nothing a sword can do to bring this beauty to this world...