Legendary difficulty

#1TwippiePosted 11/16/2011 9:23:13 PM
Does anyone else find Legendary easy in this? I find myself absolutely rolling through this game on Legendary with very few hangups (no skulls either). I'm not sure if my 13 year old self was terrible at Halo 10 years ago, or the other Halo's have been harder, but it sure seems to me that this campaign is easier than the original.
---
Why's Santa so jolly? 'Cause he knows where all the bad girls live. r.i.p. Cruz1987...may he rest in peace...>.<
#2JaidabeccaPosted 11/16/2011 9:30:32 PM
CE has always had the easiest Legendary as well as the most fun campaign in the series, imo.

For me campaign difficulty goes as follows:

CE, 3=ODST, Reach, 2
---
RE4, REmake, HALO 1 & 3, & other videos here v
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaidabecca
#3HF92Posted 11/16/2011 9:33:04 PM
Let's see if its still easy for you on the Library/Two Betrayals (I always found Two Betrayals harder).

Of course it's going to be easy, though, you've done it several times before, and more times so in the other Halo games. I think it's time to turn some skulls on ;)
#4NakedSnake1986Posted 11/16/2011 9:38:52 PM
NO, I played Halo 3, ODST and Reach by myself on Legendary and this one feels harder.

With the exception of TPOA on Reach being the hardest thing I've ever played in a video game this game feels right up there as the hardest. I just beat Halo (level) on legendary and it took me over 1 and a half hours
---
Live together, die alone
#5The BeansterPosted 11/16/2011 10:20:21 PM
I agree that legendary is not that difficult in this... took some getting used to but basically as long as you don't do anything stupid you won't get into trouble. It's definitely easier than some of Reach's harder levels - though I don't find Reach as a whole all that difficult either on legendary, only in spots.

A few of the legendary achievements make the way you have to play more difficult, however - which is good.
---
athlon ii x4 @ 3.0 ghz| 8800 GTS 320 Mb Pci-e| 3 GB DDR2 pc4200 RAM
Currently Playing: Borderlands, Mass Effect 2 || GT: The Ownage
#6system113Posted 11/16/2011 10:22:17 PM

lol, i dont know what was up about halo 2. I play all the halos on heroic with pretty much no problem but i can not play heroic on 2, its too damn hard.

#7businessguy1031Posted 11/16/2011 10:23:58 PM
Try doing Truth and Reconciliation on Legendary and tell me how well that went for you.
---
My name is Joe. I own a small business overseas called "Liberty." If you need real estate, then be sure to take your business over to Liberty.
#8The Waynos BumPosted 11/17/2011 12:44:51 AM
I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with this. A week before Reach came out I played through Legendary and it took a couple of nights. Now, I'm only able to get through one stage a night, and almost gave up near the beginning of Truth & Rec.

Reach was the first time I tried LASO, and was able to clear the entire game solo, doing a coupe levels more than once. I'm not saying that was easy, but I didn't think I felt as frustrated as I do with this. Can you take more damage in Reach? Maybe that's it. I just seem to die too quickly sometimes.
---
"I predict a year after release, Natal & PS3 Move will both be 1/2 price. No serious developer will be incorporate them in their games." - Shy420
#9The BeansterPosted 11/17/2011 5:33:05 AM(edited)
businessguy1031 posted...
Try doing Truth and Reconciliation on Legendary and tell me how well that went for you.

Truth & Reconciliation is one of the easiest levels on legendary... you have a 64 round sniper (with ammo all over the level if you somehow run low) that you can use to get yourself out of a jam at any point. As long as you never get rid of your sniper, the level is a cakewalk.

I just beat it and didn't even fire a sniper shot until inside the ship. Since I was only using one gun, it did take me a couple tries to clear the grav lift pad and the section before that - but certainly it was not frustratingly difficult, and I could have always just sniped to make it easy if I got stuck.
---
athlon ii x4 @ 3.0 ghz| 8800 GTS 320 Mb Pci-e| 3 GB DDR2 pc4200 RAM
Currently Playing: Borderlands, Mass Effect 2 || GT: The Ownage
#10cheesefilleddogPosted 11/17/2011 8:30:06 AM
Halo: CE legendary was always the easiest for me, by far. Halo 2 was unbelievably hard. Never could get past Cairo Station.
---
"Trolling is an art form. You're finger painting. Stop it." - moomoomashoo
Best character ever: Cpt. MacSolidNorrisBellic-117