Copy map from xbox to PC

#1VividAxisPosted 5/30/2012 5:19:24 AM
I think I'm done with this xbox port. I want to go back to playing it on the PC but I want to take one of these maps with me. Somewhere on this board I read a comment someone made about being able to copy an xbox map to the PC but I can't find anything about it with google. Do you know the name of the program that does that or a website I can find it on?
#2Chuck_BosworthPosted 5/30/2012 6:32:34 AM
I have not heard of a way to do this. I don't think we're allowed to discuss it here either, as doing anything with Xbox files is against their ToS and would be considered hacking.

What I'd recommend doing is getting the MCNostalgia mod to load the game in 1.6.6, type in your seed, generate the area you played in on 360. Then I'd recommend updating the game to the current version, use an external program to enable cheats on your world (a new feature on PC) or to just switch it to Creative Mode. If you enable cheats, you can switch modes in-game. Then re-do/re-build everything you did on the Xbox version in Creative Mode, then switch back to Survival when you're done.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#3VividAxis(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2012 7:10:09 AM
It's not anything like hacking. If I copied it, modified it, then copied it back - that would be "bad" to them but that's still not hacking.

I'm well versed in the PC version. I do not want to redo everything. I only want to transfer my many hours of work from the xbox to the PC because I prefer it.
#4Chuck_BosworthPosted 5/30/2012 7:29:22 AM
Modifying it is the part Microsoft doesn't allow. That is hacking. Xbox files are protected, with no conventional way of even putting them on a computer. That's why Flash Drives have to be formatted to the Xbox separately too.

But still, even if you could get the file, it's C++ as opposed to Java. I don't know if someone could make a conversion program for that. I know just about nothing about programming.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#5X_Sk8r4life_XPosted 5/30/2012 7:30:18 AM
if its possible to go from xbox to pc, do you think its possible to go the other way around?
---
Gamertag: Archetect
MPH: 1206-1102-6402 (Architect)
#6BurnmadPosted 5/30/2012 7:54:24 AM
Considering Xbox Edition maps are limited, as opposed to the PC's near infinite maps, I'd say not.
#7Seven_ZombisPosted 5/30/2012 9:38:08 AM
VividAxis posted...
It's not anything like hacking. If I copied it, modified it, then copied it back - that would be "bad" to them but that's still not hacking.

I'm well versed in the PC version. I do not want to redo everything. I only want to transfer my many hours of work from the xbox to the PC because I prefer it.

So its not like hacking, but its like modding?
and you still think Microsoft is okay with modding?
---
xbox live: Xombin *** 3ds: 1977 0156 8028 *** ps3&Vita:Xombin***I dont use my Wii online***I have it all
#8VividAxis(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2012 9:52:45 AM
I don't care what you or Microsoft define those terms as. You can discuss it all day with someone else. I'm not here to argue or cause problems with anyone.

All I want to know is the name of the program that will let me move my Minecraft save from the xbox to the PC.
#9Seven_ZombisPosted 5/30/2012 9:58:36 AM(edited)
VividAxis posted...
I don't care what you or Microsoft define those terms as. You can discuss it all day with someone else. I'm not here to argue or cause problems with anyone.

All I want to know is the name of the program that will let me move my Minecraft save from the xbox to the PC.

And you are not going to get this answer here. as of the moment you have proven you are so dense and angry you fail to have read the previous posts that state that is against not only Microsoft rules, but is against Tou of Gamefaqs as well.

Play the Pc version and go away.
---
xbox live: Xombin *** 3ds: 1977 0156 8028 *** ps3&Vita:Xombin***I dont use my Wii online***I have it all
#10VividAxis(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2012 10:09:00 AM
I'm not angry with you or anyone. We disagree about one little definition. You think one thing and I think another. I read what's above but I don't want to argue or try to convince people to think the way I think. I know that's rare here on GF but can we please leave it at that and go our separate ways in peace?