Guide: How to play Split-Screen without a HDTV

#1VanillaVillaPosted 6/7/2012 3:33:39 AM(edited)
Okay so I just found this method out and it's really helpful for people who don't have a HDTV. I don't really know if it's intended or not, but it works.

What you will need:

+Two accounts with XBOX LIVE on both.
+Two controllers
+An SDTV

Steps:

1. Log into the first account with the first controller.
2. Start Minecraft, and load any single player game.
3. Turn on the second controller and sign in with the other account.
4. After that, the second account must go on their friends list, and join a friend's game.
5. A warning will appear on the screen about leaving the current session. Select OK.
6. Success. Both players should now be in the online game that the second account joined.
---
PSN: SoulWithin
XBL GT: ii H dot B ii
#2Tip_Your_MedicPosted 6/7/2012 12:28:23 PM
how's the game quality in this situation? It's a very nice find but is it still very playable or is it buggy?
---
http://i.imgur.com/Pf438.gif
#3Deathx113Posted 6/7/2012 12:39:36 PM
This is awesome! Thanks :D

Unfortunately I only have 1 gold account. -____-

Also, I can almost guarantee this will be fixed because it is a bug and the dev's just hate when bugs ruin gamers experiences.
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#4GreatBioticWindPosted 6/7/2012 1:26:23 PM
Deathx113 posted...
This is awesome! Thanks :D

Unfortunately I only have 1 gold account. -____-

Also, I can almost guarantee this will be fixed because it is a bug and the dev's just hate when bugs ruin gamers experiences.

You can try nabbing that 1 month for 1$ offer on the dashboard if you REALLY want to play splitscreen.
#5SantaClausPlaysPosted 6/7/2012 1:43:15 PM
Will this work on an HD television?
---
Pro Tip= The cake is a lie...
#6Chuck_BosworthPosted 6/7/2012 1:55:30 PM
CarlosFugazzi posted...
Will this work on an HD television?

?
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#7VanillaVilla(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2012 12:59:49 AM
Tip_Your_Medic posted...
how's the game quality in this situation? It's a very nice find but is it still very playable or is it buggy?

Well considering this isn't supposed to happen, the quality is pretty good. Yes, the game is perfectly playable. The start menu is a bit bugged, well it is for me at least, because it goes off screen. Can anyone else confirm this?
---
PSN: SoulWithin
XBL GT: ii H dot B ii