Where do pumpkins grow?

#1GeistPosted 6/7/2012 5:02:55 PM
I'm searching my world for some pumpkins and would like to know what are some of the terrain signs that pumpkins are near by. What do they grow around?
---
What, me worry?
#2PraetorianGhostPosted 6/7/2012 5:04:24 PM
Seemingly random. I have seen some in practically every biome.
---
You see my ninja? No? That's what I thought.
Certified Troll Whisperer.
#3TBD2009Posted 6/7/2012 5:04:44 PM
I've seen pumpkins in some really odd places. I've seen them in forest terrain, hanging out near and under trees. I've seen them on patches of dirt out in the open sea... I've even seen them just sitting there, minding their own business, in snowy tundra. So I think it's just random, where they'll spawn. If you find ONE, chances are, you'll find more nearby.
#4yeahboyuPosted 6/7/2012 9:41:43 PM
TBD2009 posted...
If you find ONE, chances are, you'll find more nearby.

I agree. Where there is one, there's bound to be more nearby. Almost everytime I see them, I see them in groups.
---
Gamertag: JAIMESJ (exactly as shown)
#5IchibqnBriqnPosted 6/7/2012 10:03:42 PM
And it's funny how faces are already carved into them.
---
May the odds be ever in your favor.
#6TBD2009Posted 6/7/2012 11:04:48 PM
IchibqnBriqn posted...
And it's funny how faces are already carved into them.

Funny? No... more like terrifying. Who the hell is carving faces into the pumpkins... leaving them there, staring at you as you approach. I think we all know what kind of a "hero" is running around carving up our pumpkins...
#7kniferun187Posted 6/7/2012 11:13:17 PM
Ive found one patch of pumpkins. There was 8 under a tree on grass/dirt.
---
dude... i am kniferunner...http://www.youtube.com/runningdaggers
#8nucshadowPosted 6/8/2012 7:42:13 AM
Pumpkins don't grow, they are randomly generated when you start the map, I think.... so the same map could have a different amount of pumpkins, if you started it over several times, as long as I'm right about that. I assume that pumpkins are like ores, they are randomly generated when you start the map, that is my theory. Pumpkins will be able to be grown, like crops, after pumpkin seeds are added via update, but that is months away...
---
I JUST DYED THIS SHEEP PINK WITH THE BLOOD OF MY ENEMIES!!!!
#9CurtisPosted 6/8/2012 11:52:42 AM
We can't grow them yet can we? Any idea when that update is coming?
---
Semper Fidelis
XBL GT: RazorWolf417
#10bestatfallinPosted 6/8/2012 12:05:23 PM
nucshadow posted...
Pumpkins don't grow, they are randomly generated when you start the map, I think.... so the same map could have a different amount of pumpkins, if you started it over several times, as long as I'm right about that. I assume that pumpkins are like ores, they are randomly generated when you start the map, that is my theory. Pumpkins will be able to be grown, like crops, after pumpkin seeds are added via update, but that is months away...

I don't think so. I'm like 75% sure this is wrong. I know of a seed that I can take you to a patch based on map location, the pumpkin patch is in the same place every time.
---
I'm Soopa Ninja, I swoop through the sky, not a bird or a plane, just a flying fat guy.