Why do Creepers/other monsters, spawn in my house?

#1zerooo0Posted 10/12/2012 3:38:24 PM
It doesn't happen too common, but when it does it surprises the living daylights out of me. I've died a couple of times because of this.

So what am I doing wrong? My house is completely sealed. I got doors, no windows, and a little basement. I always make sure I close my doors before I go out. So why do they keep spawning in my house? Or can monsters open doors or something?

My house is made of Dirt if that has something to do with it.
---
Godzilla is returning to theaters in 2014(May 16)
Rejoice fellow Godzilla fans
#2TuohPosted 10/12/2012 3:41:21 PM
Back when these forums were young, these threads filled the place up.

But compared to the update threads, it's refreshing.

You've got to light it up, bro. Torches. Everywhere. There should be no shade. Especially around your bed.
---
PS3 Username: WafflesUniversal
hit me up some time.
#3SlobberDobbzzPosted 10/12/2012 3:42:22 PM
What side did you place the door on? I used to place the doors from the inside, but then zombies would spawn, It stopped when I placed the door on the outside, not sure why but it stopped. Is the entire place lit up?
---
Like Minecraft? Search&Join "Master Miners" on Facebook. Gamertag: DobbysGamertag
#4zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 3:45:53 PM(edited)
I did that the third time it happened. My house is like a big torch now. But when I got done making my mega tunnel, a Skeleton, and a Spider where in my house.(Even with the Torches I put around.(Died that time)

I'm mostly sure that the entire place is lit up. The only thing I'm not sure is the basement.(I'll check that when I get back on)

I'll try the door idea.Can't remember how I have my door.

Thanks for the help guys.

---
#5DarkLagunaPosted 10/12/2012 3:46:45 PM
I've never had a problem with Zombies spawning, and I generally always place the doors from the inside. It's almost always a lighting issue; I suppose something with putting the door in different might make a block dark enough to spawn mobs, but I'm not sure.

There's a specific way you can tell how much lighting you need, and how far apart to place them, if you look at the Wiki. But I'm lazy, so I just go overboard with lighting in my houses. =P You can do the same in your mines if you want to avoid monster spawns, but generally, besides skeletons or something sneaking up on me, I rarely die while spelunking. It's always wandering around the surface at night and a Creeper sneaking up on me that gets me. =P
---
I feel a draft on my butt...
#6ozy808Posted 10/12/2012 4:45:28 PM(edited)
Half slab floors bro. All you need is wood and monsters can't spawn. Very left of the first part of the crafting interface.
---
GT: ozy8080. Blame the OCD and autocorrect.
If your not playing a GAME for FUN your doing it wrong.

Edit: I meant very right on the crafting interface's first tab and yes half slabs floor.
#7zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 4:35:31 PM
ozy808 posted...
Half slab floors bro. All you need is wood and monsters can't spawn. Very left of the first part of the crafting interface.

So just replace my Dirt, with wood? What do you mean by Half slab floors?
---
#8PlasdurockPosted 10/12/2012 5:23:32 PM(edited)
Half blocks/slabs. monster can't spawn on them. They're next to stairs in the crafting menu :) Only real problem with them if if you place objects on them it looks like they're levitating.

There's some block types you can't place on them either iirc.. like a bed. (but you can build he slabs around your bed, making it look like it's embedded in the floor. Bed still works.
---
Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't. -Mark Twain
#9EddMarioPosted 10/12/2012 6:56:34 PM
Are they only spawning whenever you sleep in a bed? If so, move it 1 block away from the wall(s) it's up against.
---
"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
#10Anhell310Posted 10/12/2012 7:29:19 PM
You can also try using one door instead of two doors as main door for you house. That fixed my problem, i have a house with 2 beds, crafting table, a one main doors, a basement that leads to a cave also blocked with a one door, a roof escape so i can leave from the top via ladders. No monsters pawn inside my house, i will post pictures and video if necesary to show you, let us know if you have a double door or if its just one door.
---
Stop whit Sd hate topics
>_<