Cross-Compatible with PC?

#1Phant0mLimePosted 3/30/2012 9:29:47 AM
So what does this mean, that you can play on PC servers and PC friends can play on Xbox servers? Or what?
---
XBL GT-Phant0mLime
PSN-MrBrofessor
#2Chuck_BosworthPosted 3/30/2012 9:50:37 AM
Nothing has been announced concerning this since the initial press release, unfortunately.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#3alienated182Posted 3/30/2012 12:48:38 PM
Not likley, Pc has private ran servers, I doubt MS would be cool with allowing that kind of compatability and user freedom.
#4Chuck_BosworthPosted 3/30/2012 3:36:44 PM
I believe this is what the TC was referring to:

"Minecraft (Mojang, Microsoft Studios): Known for its limitless possibilities, Minecraft will come to life this winter in a whole new way through the magic of Kinect and also feature cross-functionality between the PC and Xbox 360 versions."

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Community/Articles/20110606-e3-2011-Games-Entertainment

If not, then I have no idea where the TC heard about cross-compatibility because pretty much no one has talked about it since this.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#5mhollan3Posted 4/4/2012 9:28:39 AM
From what I've read, Microsoft is giving MC a LOT of leeway. They know it's one of the most popular current PC games out there, and they see dollar signs.

They're gonna make it easier for updates to come through, and they're not gonna push paid DLC out for it, unless Notch/4J decides to make DLC they want people to pay for, which I doubt.

MC on the XBox is gonna be an amazing title, and I am looking forward to it.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag - TMH Derp
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=SkyrimChat and GamerChat! Join us today for chatting bout Skyrim and random games.
#6DivineFarticusPosted 4/13/2012 12:39:51 PM
Well with how you have it worded your saying private servers are not favored by MS but heres the thing battlefield 3 has rent a server which is private servers that are ligit.
#7TheRedDashPosted 4/16/2012 9:55:25 AM

I think dizzy from star ship troopers once said "Mobile infantry and fleet don't mix"

Console and pc players are to not be in the same room. Even though we console players are much more good lookin.  

#8MerenwenHelyanePosted 4/17/2012 10:10:13 AM
would be neat for those who have servers to simply be able to tap into it by doing same as on computer
IP:server play your world you are used to

no clue if it is possible, but would be nice
---
Moms can have fun too. Get over it.
#9ShadowFox727Posted 4/29/2012 9:48:45 PM
DivineFarticus posted...
Well with how you have it worded your saying private servers are not favored by MS but heres the thing battlefield 3 has rent a server which is private servers that are ligit.

Actually, the servers rented out on Battlefield 3 are owned by EA. On the PC you can use any computer as a server without monitoring of an administrator of some sort, which is why I can see Microsoft would have a problem with that.
#10Phant0mLime(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2012 4:14:20 PM
Anyone know of this yet. Will i be able to make a server on PC and play on it on my xbox and vice versa.
---
XBL GT-Phant0mLime
PSN-MrBrofessor