No Random Co-op Option?

#1Darki_DreamsidePosted 4/9/2012 4:40:29 AM
Well that sucks. You cant join randoms, only friends? Where is the fun in that, it completely removes a whole world of options of discovering and meeting new people and their worlds.

Not a good move at all. And very bad for a games community. It is the last thing an XBLA game needs, what with their short online player base activity.

This may factor into my buying the game or not. Usually i only stick with a game if i can find others to regularly play with. What is the point of an online game if you have to actively seek out friends just to play it! It is ridiculous. A common problem with XBL that. You have to find players on internet forums in order to play the game like its supposed to be played.

I get the impression that Minecraft will feel like a very isolated community on the Xbox. Games should be more open and more freedom, not the other way around!
#2Chuck_BosworthPosted 4/9/2012 7:22:42 AM
Because 95% of those randoms are griefers.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#3CruorComaPosted 4/9/2012 8:01:36 AM
Chuck_Bosworth posted...
Because 95% of those randoms are griefers.

This. TC you're on GameFAQs and you've got plenty of time, so just get to networking and talking to people.

Personally I'd hate for some random to join my world and start messing up the place. I assume it'd be easier to simply to take out random joining, rather than going to the effort of making a decent non-convoluted anti griefing method.
---
Gamertag: LordMahemium - RIP Sparky
Satanic Overlord of The Bar With No Name
#4_Just_Blaze_Posted 4/9/2012 9:50:44 AM
what's your source for this TC?
---
http://i.imgur.com/yQ0Kb.jpg May 9th! http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/blaze+92x.jpg
#5Chuck_BosworthPosted 4/9/2012 4:44:00 PM
http://www.hookshotinc.com/minecraft-for-xbox-splitscreen-and-more/

"The game will support four-player local splitscreen and eight players over Xbox Live, and you can mix and match the splitscreen and online modes. Also, you can only play with people on your Friends List, so there’s no griefing from strangers."
---
#6huntersfightertPosted 4/9/2012 7:12:43 PM
dated back "Mar 5, 2012"

so for all we know the delay could be for random multiplayer....

IMO... since people want to ruin the game for everyone else, they should have either

OFFLINE- no one can join you
or
ONLINE- you can only play with randoms, and your friends can join your session in progress...

its annoying how people say every random person is a griefer...
I want to build a huge arena, where right when a random person joins, they are spawned into a colosseum stands... and the rest of it is an area where people are fighting/boxing...

IMO if someone doesn't want people to greif just stay offline, end of story.
people ruin it for everyone else when they say "all random people do is grief"
#7Chuck_BosworthPosted 4/9/2012 8:24:45 PM
Do you play Minecraft on PC? And I did say 95% Which yeah, is an exaggeration, but honestly I'd place it around 50% or more people would not feel bad about destroying something someone else did or do it out of anger or whatever.

And I don't think the lead producer on the game would do an interview so close to launch and provide information that could/would be changed without saying so. Usually if someone is going to be changed they know it already and say this will or might be changed.

I just don't understand why there isn't an OPTION for random people to join. Just default it to invite only and then have options for friends and anyone that you have to change. It doesn't make that much sense, but it's understandable that it isn't the default option.
---
#8huntersfightertPosted 4/10/2012 2:58:55 PM
Chuck_Bosworth posted...
Do you play Minecraft on PC? And I did say 95% Which yeah, is an exaggeration, but honestly I'd place it around 50% or more people would not feel bad about destroying something someone else did or do it out of anger or whatever.

And I don't think the lead producer on the game would do an interview so close to launch and provide information that could/would be changed without saying so. Usually if someone is going to be changed they know it already and say this will or might be changed.

I just don't understand why there isn't an OPTION for random people to join. Just default it to invite only and then have options for friends and anyone that you have to change. It doesn't make that much sense, but it's understandable that it isn't the default option.

Ok, heres a forum full of SOON TO BE xbox 360 minecraft players
over 80% of people (over 100 people did poll) wanted it to be with random people:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1100529-minecraft-multiplayer-idea-over-80-of-voters-agree/

"change without saying so" i know hundreds of games that were changed without the developers saying so before release...

IMO if they want to ruin it for everyone else, then they should either have ONLINE or OFFLINE. end of story.
#9Chuck_BosworthPosted 4/10/2012 3:54:36 PM
Why do you have to be so hostile to things I say? I said I was exaggerating with the numbers, and agreed that I thought there should be a way to play with random people. And you didn't answer if you played Minecraft on PC or not.

I just meant that it was really close to the time they sent it to be certified when he did that interview, so the game was essentially done at that point.

I also don't understand why if people are talking about this on forums why they can't just add people on those forums to their friends lists.
---
#10MorguesonPosted 4/10/2012 4:09:17 PM
What do you mean we can't join random people? Like, you can bring up a list of games to join to see other people works? What is the point of building then, to impress your friends?

Certainly not buying it anytime soon if that is the case. I'll keep playing a better version which cost 20 times less Microsoft Points, aka Fortresscraft or Total Miner.
---
X-box 360 GT: kicker jack19
North America: Where hard in games is considered a bug.