why do people who bought minecraft on pc want it for free on xbox?

#11Chuck_BosworthPosted 4/28/2012 7:05:47 PM
Alpha backers only got a discount for the PC version, and it was 50%, beta received a 25% discount on the PC version.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#12LordBowserPosted 4/30/2012 1:50:51 PM
I'm not going to say I don't want this game for free, but I don't expect it for free and I'm perfectly happy with buying it on the Xbox as well at full price.

Few games are as entertaining and fun as this one is, and being able to play this game with friends on local multiplayer would be amazing.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#13VakuPosted 5/2/2012 5:50:53 AM
Chuck_Bosworth posted...
Alpha backers only got a discount for the PC version, and it was 50%, beta received a 25% discount on the PC version.

Back in August they still said on their Facebook page that if you bought the beta for Minecraft on the PC, then the 360 game would be 25% off.

I believe it was mentioned at Minecon, too.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Minecraft-for-XBOX-360/250394111637610

Sorry I couldn't post the exact link, it was back on August 3rd.
---
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. The only future peace has to offer is war.
#14Chuck_BosworthPosted 5/2/2012 6:11:18 AM
That is indeed a very poorly worded and confusing post. Did they mean the full pc version? Because that would be true, however people ALREADY got the 25% off and would not have to pay again at the full PC release.

If they use an email/password verification beforehand, which would require people either downloading the trial before buying (confusing and would lead to tons of refund requests like certain season passes) or they would simply credit your account with points after you purchase the game.

I still don't think alpha/beta users will get anything, but we'll see in a week. Maybe I'll get a happy surprise and be wrong. Haha. Then I'd get it for free, as an alpha user.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#15AkaimizuPosted 5/2/2012 7:47:16 AM
I didn't get it for free on the PC. Didn't get it for free on the phone. Don't plan on getting it for free on the Xbox.

Given that I already have been and will continue to get all sorts of free additions for the PC version (and that's the only part of the deal I saw when I purchased the Alpha), I'm not looking for further free handouts. Heck, I'm getting and will get so much game that I already paid a discount for. He also did what he said. He finished the game and there have been new additions since. Consider me a happy multi-console Minecraft player.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vem Reld (http://server6.uploadit.org/files/greatisgood-Ninja.jpg)
#16LINK676Posted 5/2/2012 9:00:21 AM
I got the alpha version (10$) and im fine with my Ipad app since its crafting update (6$) and I will really like this one because I already have a bunch of friends saying they will get it as well (20$)

I say it is all a good 36$ total well spent. :P
#17VakuPosted 5/2/2012 3:31:13 PM
There's two possible ways I could see doing it.

The first would be through e-mail. If you were in beta, you would get an e-mail sent to you containing a code that would allow you to access a one-time download for Minecraft 360 Edition at 1200MSP (NA) versus the 1600MSP it normally costs.

Otherwise, it might be that you buy it at the 1600MSP, then verify your regular Minecraft account, and a 400MSP rebate will be sent to you.

I'm still unsure if they are still going to give the discount, however, as it has been a long time since they mentioned it.

Hopefully, though, if they do the e-mail thing, they'd send it to you before the game was released. 'Cause I'd be slightly upset if they didn't, we assumed it was cancelled, we paid full price, and then we got the code. Not rage upset, but more of an 'Aw, man!' kind of upset.
---
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. The only future peace has to offer is war.