Whats your biggest build you plan to do?

#1deadANDrottedPosted 4/21/2012 12:31:21 PM
I was playing Castlevania 64 (as bad as it is I enjoy it for nostalgia reasons) and couldn't help but thinking that it could be done in Minecraft fairly easily. Time consuming but it can be done.

I'm sure I won't recreate the entire game but I think it could be fun for a massive build.
#2Hoasty1Posted 4/21/2012 12:32:25 PM
A full sized Cabin
#3Chuck_BosworthPosted 4/21/2012 12:51:12 PM
I don't really plan on building anything that huge. I like building castles and medieval cities.

http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/Chuck_Bosworth/Minecraft/

That's my photobucket album of random Minecraft stuff. The first castle in there (so on the last page or so) I built in Survival and it took me about 6-8 months. Once 1.8 came out I sort of stopped playing Survival solo and started playing multi or Creative. The other stuff in that album was all built in Creative (the ruined tower, tree house, medieval city, etc.).

I hope to start another epic Survival world on Xbox.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#4deadANDrotted(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2012 3:11:10 PM
Nice work Chuck! Maybe sometime We can explore eachothers builds. give me some ample time though I haven't played MC at all and just did some practice on Total Miner. My main focus opon release is going to be a farm so I will be set once the hunger meter is added later.
#5Chuck_BosworthPosted 4/21/2012 3:20:07 PM
A little tip, in preparation for hunger, try not to kill all of the animals right before you update, since they won't spawn almost at all after the update.

And thanks :)
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#6ZeroShot101Posted 4/21/2012 3:34:03 PM
Building a Deadmau5 head, temple of time, Nyan cat, Pocky box and a roller coaster
---
GT:IRISH4PAIN
#7SplinterscatPosted 4/21/2012 4:33:36 PM
I've never built a village before. I wouldn't mind building an Oblivion or Skyrim village, or go a little bigger and build a town like Anvil, including the ships.
---
There's Me, Myself and I; if they don't say, I might.
I'm running down the highway, looking for the enemy... Dang, I got killed.
#8deadANDrotted(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2012 5:22:33 PM
Chuck_Bosworth posted...
A little tip, in preparation for hunger, try not to kill all of the animals right before you update, since they won't spawn almost at all after the update.

And thanks :)

Well I wasn't planning on killing anything in my farm until after the update anyway. But won't breeding be in by then anyway?

I haven't actually read any of the guides or Wiki's on the game I want to discover things on my own I just know some things from watching vids on youtube.
#9SrgSkittlesPosted 4/21/2012 6:56:44 PM
Probably a city, with skyscrapers that have elevators, a theme park, a street system, a sewer system, an airport, and assorted businesses like stores and maybe a bar and a mall and a factory of some kind.
---
"Superiority Complex" doesn't describe someone who is actually better than you - Me
#10N1ghtm4reW0lfPosted 4/22/2012 10:04:51 AM

I'm going to build a lot of things from stories I've written or am going to write. But the biggest, is a huge temple, filled with traps, altars, and portals, built underneath a massive city, filled with warehouses, factories, apartments, and stores.  If possible, I'm going to add several switches around the city, hidden, so you have to flick them all in order to access the temple.