Skins and mods?

#11DoubleUTeeEfff(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 1:05:10 PM
Auto2112MBE posted...
They'd probably treat a skin as DLC. 120 points a pop.

If they make you pay for skins that is bs. There are millions of free skins for PC so why torture Xbox? I do kinda agree with the slot idea like up to 5 slots and then can keep favorite skins or replace old ones. That way they could do up to like 2 or 3 mod slots too.
---
Waiting for: Assassin's Creed 3, Grand Theft Auto 5, WWE '13
#12vega2505Posted 5/5/2012 4:04:56 PM
DoubleUTeeEfff posted...
Auto2112MBE posted...
They'd probably treat a skin as DLC. 120 points a pop.

If they make you pay for skins that is bs. There are millions of free skins for PC so why torture Xbox? I do kinda agree with the slot idea like up to 5 slots and then can keep favorite skins or replace old ones. That way they could do up to like 2 or 3 mod slots too.

Putting up skins for the PC version is as easy as making it and throwing it up on a site for download...with the 360 version, they'd have to make a skin, get it approved, go through a bunch of red tape, then it would be up for download...they're probably not going to want to do all that work for nothing, unless they make tons of money off of just the sale of the game to cover the costs.
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.
#13Skeif13Posted 5/6/2012 12:37:04 PM
Why can't it just be like AC: Wild World and Mario Kart DS? I never had to upload anything to be available for download. I also never had to get anything approved but I guess I can see why people have a problem with that.

When Black Ops came out I was excited to see what people could come up with. I expected a few p****'s, but I didn't expect EVERY FREAKING PICTURE to be p****'s! WTF 360 community!? I even told my cousin that I was dissapointed at how there was no creativity in the 360 community, only p****'s, and what does he do? He makes a p****! Then I became interested in MineCraft and bought FortressCraft. P****'S! P****'S EVERYWHERE!

Which reminds me, I don't see why you would need to have your skin be approved if the entire world can be edited.
---
If you believe in Bridget, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100 % proud of it, put this in your sig.
#14Chuck_BosworthPosted 5/6/2012 12:54:58 PM
Skeif13 posted...
Which reminds me, I don't see why you would need to have your skin be approved if the entire world can be edited.

Good point.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#15banished09Posted 5/6/2012 12:56:11 PM
Skeif13 posted...
Why can't it just be like AC: Wild World and Mario Kart DS? I never had to upload anything to be available for download. I also never had to get anything approved but I guess I can see why people have a problem with that.

When Black Ops came out I was excited to see what people could come up with. I expected a few p****'s, but I didn't expect EVERY FREAKING PICTURE to be p****'s! WTF 360 community!? I even told my cousin that I was dissapointed at how there was no creativity in the 360 community, only p****'s, and what does he do? He makes a p****! Then I became interested in MineCraft and bought FortressCraft. P****'S! P****'S EVERYWHERE!

people who do p****'s are probs 12 years old and don't care about the emblem system, i got a nice bob-omb (not the most creative one) that i havn't seen anywhere at the time that i got it..
---
poke_123rules poked me.
The hottest chick you'll ever know: http://youtu.be/v42cQBH6o88
#16dkgamerPosted 5/8/2012 2:43:03 AM
This is one thing that I don't like about a console version. The main reason minecraft is as popular as it is and why people keep playing it is because of the modding scene and adventure type maps, the fact that people can create something and then share it with everyone. If the only way to share content with people on this version is to join a server it is losing a lot of what makes minecraft, well, minecraft. Anyone know if you will be able to share maps at all?
There is an indie game on xbox live called avatar legends that allows people to create their own rpg maps and share them with people by choosing a map to share, then people can connect and download it from you. Anything similar here? I see no reason why something like this shouldn't be included.
---
A Valley Without Wind - Dynamic RPG from Arcen Games! 1.0 launching April 23rd!
http://www.arcengames.com/w/index.php/games/avww-features
#17dewey_cox11Posted 5/10/2012 3:33:50 PM
Inb4TeamFortress2

look at xbox version compared to PC version
---
Daivriel: You...dont have BOTH the DLC and game in at the same time right?
Andmillionare: Of course I do! how else am I supposed to play them both?