Game World size

#1TowerBooks3192Posted 5/9/2012 4:34:18 AM
So is the gameworld as big as the one on the PC version?

I am worried if the game world is limited or anything
---
I always go to Dragonsreach to discuss the ongoing Hoshtilities like the rest of the great warriors
#2DiscagePosted 5/9/2012 4:35:18 AM
Yes, the game world is limited. Although it's not limited to the point where it's going to hinder your building. However if all you do is explore then it might suck when you run into the "invisible wall".
---
XBL: This Is A Trick / PSN: Komentra
Steam: Komentra / Game Center (iOS): Komentra
#3midnyghtsson265Posted 5/9/2012 4:36:50 AM
Thats the only reason i'm currently dl'ing the trial instead of full game. I keep hearing how smaller it feels, I need some kind of comparison on size. The measurements don't do much for me...it looks pretty big on videos, but it would suck if its a small area.

Does anyone have a comparison on the world size? Size does matter...
---
"Competition and Cheating can't co-exist"
#4TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 4:47:41 AM
midnyghtsson265 posted...
Thats the only reason i'm currently dl'ing the trial instead of full game. I keep hearing how smaller it feels, I need some kind of comparison on size. The measurements don't do much for me...it looks pretty big on videos, but it would suck if its a small area.

Does anyone have a comparison on the world size? Size does matter...

I guess I will stick with PC then. I know minecraft world is so big but if the xbox version's world is enough then I wouldnt think twice of buying it. I really loved the PC version and its huge world
---
I always go to Dragonsreach to discuss the ongoing Hoshtilities like the rest of the great warriors
#5chasingmaynardPosted 5/9/2012 5:48:36 AM
The trial version will show us how big the game world is, right?

Hi Mid. Didn't know you liked Minecraft. The 360 version will be my first dive into Minecraft, so I won't be missing any of the updates from the PC version.
#6Chuck_BosworthPosted 5/9/2012 5:57:49 AM
The world is plenty big enough imo.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#7brentsonierPosted 5/9/2012 5:58:11 AM
well you start the game off with a map in your inventory and i don't see a way to make one in the crafting section. that could mean each world is only 1 map big. hope not but the evidence suggests that so far.
#8MathusRaynPosted 5/9/2012 11:58:15 AM
brentsonier posted...
well you start the game off with a map in your inventory and i don't see a way to make one in the crafting section. that could mean each world is only 1 map big. hope not but the evidence suggests that so far.

My first world is almost as big as my map...but not quite.
#9TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 11:37:16 PM
Hope I'm getting an answer on roughly how big the world is. The only thing that I am sure of is its smaller than PC version. I got it for 14.95 euros and I think its equal to Australian $20 or something (I forgot because that was a long time ago)

I could run the PC version on a macbook but I loved the feel of a controller sometimes in playing minecraft since my hands get numb when I played too much. The other thing that worries me is that I wouldn't be seeing the great views from a huge mountain and feel good when I built a glass walkway in the sky.

As long as someone confirms the actual size of the gameworld (in comparison to the 1000x1000 blocks of the PC version as stated by minecraft wiki) and if it isn't too bad then I think I would buy it. It would cost me roughly $30 AUD because you microsoft is not like sony where they will charge you with the price of the game not how much denomination of points cost for (I need 2000 points because I can't buy 1500 then a 100 points)
---
#10linkdorfPosted 5/9/2012 11:52:41 PM
"I heard the worlds are small, is this true?
The PC version has "infinite" world size through procedural generation. Due to the Xbox 360's limited capabilities, the world size was limited to 1024x1024 blocks. This is the size of the map item provided to every player in their inventory when starting a game.

Won't we run out of resources?
Most likely not. Some resources are renewable (wood, stone, charcoal, etc.), but even the ones that aren't there are way too many for most people to actually use, even with 8 players. In a world this size, there are over 12,000 diamonds and around 350,000 blocks of iron ore. "

Taken from the stickied topic.