The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

How do I play Minecraft on Two player split screen?

#1xxgamer91xxPosted 5/9/2012 6:58:44 AM
Hey everyone I just bought this game when I woke up and I'm trying to play with my brother, but I'm not sure how to play two player split screen?
#2Atomik_FuzionPosted 5/9/2012 7:00:08 AM
If you don't have an HDTV with proper hookups, I've got bad news for you. If you DO, then start the game, connect a second controller and hit start.
---
Gamertag: Xavier Horovitz
Leader of Atomik Fuzion -- atomikfuzion.weebly.com
#3Chuck_BosworthPosted 5/9/2012 7:00:33 AM
Widescreen HDTV required. If you have one, just start up a game, log in and press start on the second controller.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#4tidusishiPosted 5/9/2012 7:00:54 AM
Atomik_Fuzion posted...
If you don't have an HDTV with proper hookups, I've got bad news for you. If you DO, then start the game, connect a second controller and hit start.

will HDMI cable to the HDTV work?
---
"My life for Aiur."
#5Atomik_FuzionPosted 5/9/2012 7:01:15 AM
tidusishi posted...
Atomik_Fuzion posted...

will HDMI cable to the HDTV work?

Indeed it will. In fact, it's highly recommended.
---
Gamertag: Xavier Horovitz
Leader of Atomik Fuzion -- atomikfuzion.weebly.com
#6AkaimizuPosted 5/9/2012 7:01:31 AM
Yep.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vem Reld (http://server6.uploadit.org/files/greatisgood-Ninja.jpg)
#7ewalkPosted 5/9/2012 7:05:22 AM
Let's market a game to kids.

Nah forget that, let's over complicate a simple game.
#8Chuck_BosworthPosted 5/9/2012 7:08:48 AM
Game not marketed to kids. Game hardly marketed at all. And when it is, it's for everybody.

It was a decision made by the developers because the game would be too difficult to play splitscreen in SD due to not being able to tell what was what in your inventories and crafting menus.

HDTVs are much more affordable than they were when the 360 came out way back in 2005. Besides, most other games choose to just simply leave out splitscreen altogether.

I don't think I'm liking you new troll, ewalk.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#9AkaimizuPosted 5/9/2012 7:10:08 AM
Well, we are a number of years past the time HDTVs dropped down to SDTV prices and you can't even buy standard definition TVs anymore. I think it's safe to assume that a real small percentage of players aren't using this on Standard definition anymore.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vem Reld (http://server6.uploadit.org/files/greatisgood-Ninja.jpg)
#10corex3dPosted 5/9/2012 7:18:59 AM
i still use a sd tv i have a hd one but i think its only a15 inch though so i just continue to use my i think 20 inch sd tv instead yep i don"t know my tv sizes lol