can I make a gate for my fence?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. can I make a gate for my fence?
4 years ago#1
is there a gate I can make so I can completely close off my fence that I have around my house?
PSN: mavrik1984 - GamerTag: rod1984 - Steam: rod1984
4 years ago#2
No, Xbox edition runs on version 1.6.6 currently. That doesn't get introduced until 1.7 I think.
4 years ago#3
that sucks.. whats the point in even building a fence if I cant close it, oh well
4 years ago#4
Make ur entrance like an arch way and put a regular door in it. I havent ever played minecraft(its downloading while im at work), but it was just an idea
4 years ago#5
OleDirtyD posted...
Make ur entrance like an arch way and put a regular door in it. I havent ever played minecraft(its downloading while im at work), but it was just an idea

dude that was a perfect idea, I just did it, at first it looked stupid, but I made my archway wider with cobble stone and added two doors inside it, and it works perfect with my fence, thanks for the tip lol
4 years ago#6
Glad to help. Add me if ud like
GT obsdirtydts
4 years ago#7
Nice idea. Creative thinking is what this game is all about. That said, I hope they give a quick and easy gate soon.
4 years ago#8
Heh, that archway/door thing was a great example. I think you're going to be good at this game.

As for me, I have a simpler, but perhaps uglier, solution. Destroy 1 fence post where you want your entrance, then put a stack of 2 wood (or whatever) blocks in the post's place. Then put 1 ladder on both sides of the top block. You can climb in/out of the fenced area by jumping once.

I use this in the PC version INSTEAD of gates. It's a full-proof way of making sure you can get in and out without letting any of your fenced in animals out. Of course, theres not a reason to fence in animals on the xbox version yet, but it still works.
4 years ago#9
That gate's a neat idea. I've been using trapdoors as a sort of tiny drawbridge to cross over a tiny underground moat that leads to a nearby pond. Not a big fan of moats, hence it being a tiny underground one.

Looks kinda weird though. My wheat area is a bit too small for a gate to look right. I'll probably expand it later, but does anyone have any other ideas?
If you believe in Bridget, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100 % proud of it, put this in your sig.
4 years ago#10
I just left a gap of one space between my fences and placed a door there. I've survived fine all night staying in my fenced-in area. Only thing that can get in is spiders climbing over the wall/fence, and skeletons can still shoot me somehow. I've stared down 3 or 4 creepers at that door, too.
Xbox Live: ElevenOHNOEZ .....................................PSN: nightranma
3DS: 5455-9525-0021
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. can I make a gate for my fence?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived