Monsters keep spawning in my house D:

#1BraindeadRacrPosted 5/9/2012 1:27:55 PM
It's fully made of wood, entirely closed off besides a door and a window made out glass and everytime I head into bed something kicks my ass during it and wakes me. T-T

What gives? T-T
---
"The car-bra is for your mom, Peg. See it's even in her size - ASTROVAN!" - Al Bundy
GT: Faith of Faye / PSN: Lt_McBadass
#2MirageMew2Posted 5/9/2012 1:28:39 PM
Tried putting torches around?
---
Best Possible Explanation for Mass Effect 3 Ending:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv8XMX2ITt4&feature=related
#3Roxas_1124Posted 5/9/2012 1:32:40 PM
Put multiple torches inside and outside.
---
GT- CWest2424
I am like a geico ninja. Yeah, Geico ninja. :D
#4DraizenDatainPosted 5/9/2012 1:37:48 PM
I know the frustration you must be feeling, I have the same thing happening to me as well...
---
PSN: SoulWing
Gamertag: KuroZakku
#5hamphiendXPosted 5/9/2012 1:39:09 PM
don't put your bed in the corner
---
BIG MONEY! BIG PRIZES! I LOVE IT!
"I'M DR. TED NELSON!" - Dr. Ted Nelson
#6iwantu23Posted 5/9/2012 1:42:04 PM
Lol they're trying to teach you essential minecraft architecture skills. You can solve it in many ways.

The most simple would be - don't place your bed on the first floor. You also need to make certain you have a roof. It's often beneficial to dig under your house 2 layers of block and check for holes/ paths to dungeons that may cause unwanted monsters. If you stone 2 layers under your house whether there are holes or not that eliminates the possibility.

And make sure there is a block of space between your bed on either side from the edge of the home; or you can surround the area directly beside your bed with two layers of blocks.
#7DraizenDatainPosted 5/9/2012 1:46:07 PM(edited)
i can't describe the other guy's case, but my house is 5x5 and 4 high, got 8 torches inside (2 on each wall) as well as 8 on the outside (same as inside). My bed is dead center against the back wall, coming out towards the door. Nothing spawns in the house UNTIL I try to sleep in the bed, a Zombie or Skeleton always foil my plans for a peaceful slumber.

EDIT: I've also never had a problem like this while playing the game on PC, my style of building hasn't changed either.
---
PSN: SoulWing
Gamertag: KuroZakku
#8iwantu23Posted 5/9/2012 1:45:42 PM
DraizenDatain posted...
i can't describe the other guy's case, but my house is 5x5 and 4 high, got 8 torches inside (2 on each wall) as well as 8 on the outside (same as inside). My bed is dead center against the back wall, coming out towards the door. Nothing spawns in the house UNTIL I try to sleep in the bed, a Zombie or Skeleton always foil my plans for a peaceful slumber.

If the head/foot of the bed OR either side is adjacent to a wall that could be causing your problem. Perhaps make a chimney outside the house adjacent to the wall where your bed is in contact with said wall. That would eliminate the threat while adding a nice piece to the house simultaneously.
#9hamphiendXPosted 5/9/2012 1:47:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r97yDuOeP_E&feature=related
---
BIG MONEY! BIG PRIZES! I LOVE IT!
"I'M DR. TED NELSON!" - Dr. Ted Nelson
#10BraindeadRacr(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 3:23:36 PM
Well both solutions helped; I just build a second floor like one of you guys mentioned and it no longer spawns skeletons/zombies on my damn face <3

Still was quite odd though, I got torches all over, sitting on a flat bed of land, nothing ever spawns indoors until I slept D:
---
"The car-bra is for your mom, Peg. See it's even in her size - ASTROVAN!" - Al Bundy
GT: Faith of Faye / PSN: Lt_McBadass