HDMI cable -- multiplayer help

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. HDMI cable -- multiplayer help
3 years ago#1
OK, so until today I was just playing without my HDMI cable plugged into the XBOX and television. I went to add the HDMI cable for multi-player and my power cord to the XBOX has a plastic notch sticking out that interferes with connection of the HDMI cable.

I just bought the XBOX last year; so it's not an "old" model but there is still the notch on the cord. Is there any quick fix to this problem ?

Thanks
3 years ago#2
uh, how where you playing without a video connection?
---
gamertag - mistahnuff
3 years ago#3
Interferes with the connection how? Literally blocking it? Because the other A/V cables block the HDMI port when they're plugged in. And those are A/V cables, not the power cord. So if it is your power cord, how is it interfering?
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
3 years ago#4
also why would you need an HDMI cable for multiplayer?
---
gamertag - mistahnuff
3 years ago#5
Lol sorry. That wasn't the power connection that was blocked. Above the HDMI is the A/V connection -- so that is what is the SD connection cable? So I am able to remove that and just use the HDMI cable then ?
3 years ago#6
iwantu23 posted...
Lol sorry. That wasn't the power connection that was blocked. Above the HDMI is the A/V connection -- so that is what is the SD connection cable? So I am able to remove that and just use the HDMI cable then ?

yep.
---
gamertag - mistahnuff
3 years ago#7
Yup.

And to RBF, you can read my sticky or check the hundred topics about splitscreen.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
3 years ago#8
RBF11586 posted...
also why would you need an HDMI cable for multiplayer?

Because you can't play split-screen without one.
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. HDMI cable -- multiplayer help

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived