The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Best seed for a "rollercoaster" map?

#1TerantatekPosted 5/9/2012 8:29:19 PM
Something that involves lava and water? Just dug to the ground on my file but no lava
---
I'm what you would call, a modern day Hippie.
Love, Peace, 4:20-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#2FiddlerssoupPosted 5/9/2012 8:33:59 PM
Just make a branch mine you should eventually hit lava but my favorite seed worstseedever spawns you near a mob spawner that's near a cave system that will have all the iron and lava you'll want/need.
---
Gt - Fiddlesoup
#3Terantatek(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 9:06:02 PM
Every time I mine iron ore, it gives me none. Wth?
---
#4FiddlerssoupPosted 5/9/2012 9:13:30 PM(edited)
Need a stone or better pick, The tiers work like this:
Wood: Can mine stone, cobble,sandstone, Nether rack (I think, I have never tried) and coal.
Stone: Can mine the above and iron.
Iron: Can mine the above and Redstone, Gold and Diamonds.
Gold: Like Iron but only has 30ish uses, is extremely fast.
Diamond: Can mine the above and obsidian (albeit very slowly I think it's 15s). Diamond also has something like 1000 uses and is faster than all the other picks, other than Gold
---
Gt - Fiddlesoup
#5jole6113Posted 5/9/2012 9:13:01 PM
Terantatek posted...
Every time I mine iron ore, it gives me none. Wth?

Are you using a stone pick? You won't get anything if you destroy it with anything other than a stone, iron, or diamond pick. Maybe TNT as well, not sure.
#6Terantatek(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 9:16:42 PM
That explains it. I was using a wood pickaxe.
---
#7VanDamPosted 5/9/2012 9:19:59 PM
how can i tell what iron is... i have like one iron. do I just go deeper into the ground?
---
My power is discombobulatingly devastating, I could feel his facial tissue collapse under my force. Its ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.
#8Dagoth_WitPosted 5/9/2012 9:39:34 PM(edited)
If you have iron ore, you're good to go. Take that ore and smelt it in an oven. Fuel (ie. Wood, coal, charcoal, lava) on the bottom. Ore on top. Doing this produces ingots which can be used to make other things.

EDIT: Lol. I read your message as I have iron ore. Not I have one iron. You shouldn't have to dig that deep for iron. You should be able to find plenty close to the surface if not on the surface.
---
Gamertag: Dagoth Wit
Tell them devils "Hell no. Sell y'all own jello."
#9VanDamPosted 5/9/2012 9:42:09 PM
I get all gravel and whatever it is that makes stone...but im also only playing the tutorial level, ive finished the tutorial but stayed on the map... does that matter?
---
My power is discombobulatingly devastating, I could feel his facial tissue collapse under my force. Its ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.
#10Dagoth_WitPosted 5/9/2012 10:39:39 PM
It probably doesn't, but I can't be sure since I skipped the tutorial. You should explore a bit until you find a natural cave or a deep hole. Make your way inside and you should be swimming in iron in no time. Make sure you bring enough supplies to last since you might be looking around for a while.
---
Gamertag: Dagoth Wit
Tell them devils "Hell no. Sell y'all own jello."