Redstone Wiring Questions

#1LouIsCool222Posted 5/11/2012 9:36:04 AM
I've tried the Wiki but I cannot tell among PC vs 360 differences:

Can you place Redstone Wiring on walls? I was able to build a basic Pressure Plate Door, but I was trying my hand at more complex traps and was only able to lay it on the ground.
---
Robot Hitler-Head, surprisingly, did not have a zeppelin. But he did have a zip-car.
#2MathusRaynPosted 5/11/2012 9:52:50 AM
No. You cannot place wiring on walls.
#3LouIsCool222(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2012 9:56:22 AM
Ok so how do you send charges vertically?

Wiki does a terrible job of explaining Redstone to someone who isn't an electrical engineer.
---
Robot Hitler-Head, surprisingly, did not have a zeppelin. But he did have a zip-car.
#4Chuck_BosworthPosted 5/11/2012 9:56:57 AM
You have to do it over a distance, like stairs.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#5pstwoorbustPosted 5/11/2012 10:01:02 AM
Go on youtube and type redstone tutorial

Also, it can be on the side of a block, in the sense that it connects the wiring of 2 block that are directly next to each other but with only a height difference of one.

Or you could use redstone torches to propagate the signal upwards, which inverses it for each torch.

Again, youtube will be able to show you better than we can explain in text if you don't have experience in it.
---
This is minecraft. Why would u want 2 deal with uneven terrain? If you don't like the lay of the land, you punch it until it shapes the f*** up. l33t_ninj4_1337
#6BBilbo1Posted 5/11/2012 10:06:51 AM
Some important redstone tips:

-Althought the redstone looks like it's part of the block you're placing it on, it needs an entire block of empty space above for it to freely flow

-Redstone trail will lose power after (i think) 15 blocks. You will need a repeater to keep the current alive over distance.

-Redstone can conduct current through 1 block above itself. (can't remember the exact rule, but it's worth looking into.) I remember this when I made a 2 by 2 stone opening automatic door.
---
GamerTag: Hammer2Fall