How do you figure out how to make cool stuff?

#1Comfy_PillowPosted 5/12/2012 7:44:43 PM
I know it has everything you can make in the crafting thing but

when I make a house what can I do to it other than make it a square with beds in it? What do you put in it / do to it to make it more interesting?
#2Chuck_BosworthPosted 5/12/2012 7:46:06 PM
Just start by looking at what other people have built and get ideas from them. It takes time to get used to building things that look good.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#3Edalb_ZeroPosted 5/12/2012 7:47:29 PM
Comfy_Pillow posted...
I know it has everything you can make in the crafting thing but

when I make a house what can I do to it other than make it a square with beds in it? What do you put in it / do to it to make it more interesting?

Check the decorations tab at a crafting table for some ideas. Signs, colored blocks made of wool, and paintings are all great ways to spruce up your living space :D
---
Truth > Happiness when you need to pick one.
In this world of overused lols, use alol when you actually laughed out loud.
#4Morpheus 100Posted 5/12/2012 7:47:58 PM
I like using half smooth stone steps and wood steps for a bit of visual flair and variety. If you want a nice looking roof, make some cobblestone/wood stairs and arrange them side by side on the top of a building.
---
Xbox Live: II Steebs II || PSN ID: SGTV-Steebs
http://www.youtube.com/Steebeh
#5MarbiaachPosted 5/12/2012 7:49:30 PM
You can do so many things with what Minecraft gives you. "Chairs" (A wooden stair with signs on either side.) Tables (Pressure plate on top of a fence, although I'm not sure if you can place pressure plates on fences yet.) Using stairs to make a "slanted" roof, a door bell using note blocks and redstone, etc.
---
Notch is god and Jeb is jesus One made everything and put the whole deal into motion and the other fixes everything and makes people happy~IHeartJessAlba
#6DarkadianPosted 5/12/2012 7:50:00 PM
If you want to make furniture...

Table
place one fence piece down.
On that place a wood slab

chair
wood steps
On each side of it place a sign.

Just use your imagination.
---
"Why the hell do you asses feel the need to even post. Post something relevant, or go play with an electrical socket." - Pitt
#7Comfy_Pillow(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2012 8:03:52 PM
Not just stuff like that but I mean one guys said he made a lava waterfall he could turn on/off or something to close off the entrance to his house? How the **** do you even begin to know how to make that?
#8MarbiaachPosted 5/12/2012 8:06:50 PM(edited)
Pistons. He was talking about the PC version, where there is a block that can push other blocks, which can be manipulated to do something like that. Or he did it the manual way, and just blocked off the lava every time he entered and left the house >_>
---
Notch is god and Jeb is jesus One made everything and put the whole deal into motion and the other fixes everything and makes people happy~IHeartJessAlba
#9GnomebusterPosted 5/12/2012 8:49:53 PM
Try to Google for cool houses and structures, then attempt to make them with minecraft blocks! It's a good time waster and the results can be either awesome or ridiculous...

If you're not feeling creative enough to come up with something yourself, of course.
---
"You want a REASON? People don't run on reason. They aren't reasonable!" -Myself, in an aggravated rant
#10MtpgamerPosted 5/12/2012 8:54:38 PM
i made a chair and couch using wood steps and signs, also made dyed wool for different color floors and added a variety of paintings and stuff.....

also built a large lighthouse with lava encased in glass....you can see it forever!

Fireplaces, etc as well
---
GT and PSN-kurosawasghost