Why is it that whenever I mine gold ore....

#1TheAssassin27Posted 5/12/2012 8:54:25 PM
It never gives me a block of gold/gold ore
#2hyper_shadow99Posted 5/12/2012 8:54:50 PM
Which pick are you using?
---
Official Braig of the KH:3D Board
#3MarbiaachPosted 5/12/2012 8:55:25 PM
To mine gold ore you must use an Iron pickaxe or a Diamond Pickaxe. You're probably using a stone pickaxe, which will not harvest gold.
---
Notch is god and Jeb is jesus One made everything and put the whole deal into motion and the other fixes everything and makes people happy~IHeartJessAlba
#4MarbiaachPosted 5/12/2012 8:56:18 PM
A way to tell that your current pick cannot mine the ore is that it'll take quite a long time before the ore breaks.
---
Notch is god and Jeb is jesus One made everything and put the whole deal into motion and the other fixes everything and makes people happy~IHeartJessAlba
#5NailbombPosted 5/12/2012 8:58:34 PM
Marbiaach posted...
A way to tell that your current pick cannot mine the ore is that it'll take quite a long time before the ore breaks.

That's not true. Iron pickaxes will harvest redstone, but it takes even longer to break than diamonds. The basic rule of thumb for mining is that iron is good for everything except obsidian, which only diamond can mine.
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer
#6MarbiaachPosted 5/12/2012 9:00:57 PM(edited)
Nailbomb posted...
Marbiaach posted...

That's not true. Iron pickaxes will harvest redstone, but it takes even longer to break than diamonds. The basic rule of thumb for mining is that iron is good for everything except obsidian, which only diamond can mine.

The fact that redstone takes a long time to mine was fixed much later in the PC version. In 1.6.6 (Aka the Xbox version) it still took ages for redstone to be mined.Not exactly a bug, but it definitely wasn't intended to take that long.
---
#7Skeif13Posted 5/12/2012 9:00:54 PM
What are golden pickaxes for?
---
If you believe in Bridget, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100 % proud of it, put this in your sig.
#8MarbiaachPosted 5/12/2012 9:02:43 PM
Skeif13 posted...
What are golden pickaxes for?

Golden pickaxes are the fastest picks in the game. However, their durability is horrible as well as their mining capabilities (Meaning that, gold cannot harvest anything more than a wooden pickaxe.) They are usually deemed worthless in the fan base, later on they are slightly more useful, but still not very useful.
---
#9RBF11586Posted 5/12/2012 9:17:47 PM
I usually just save all my gold for powered rails.

Off topic a little. I hope the updates get pumped out faster than the PC. I miss so much stuff from regular Minecraft. But I like playing it with an box controller on my TV. It's a win/lose situation.

I still love this game though, can't stop playing it.

I'd love to see some texture packs too.
---
gamertag - mistahnuff
#10SEA_Posted 5/12/2012 9:25:40 PM
gold and diamond are a pain in the ass to find. I've found diamond three times and gold just once, and I've been playing quite a bit. I know about the whole "best place to look is layer 11" because of the efficiency added due to not having to worry about lava, but I still rarely find any
---
Chargers, Padres, Clippers, SDSU, LMU
http://www.last.fm/user/AStevetSA