The fact that the map is not infinite in this is RIDICULOUS!

#21PathlessBulletPosted 5/13/2012 10:00:22 AM
Python_2k9 posted...
Personally, I don't find it at all ridiculous. It's called hardware constraints.
If my piece of **** computer from the late 90's can run Minecraft (with an infinite map), I'm fairly sure the 360 can too. I'm hoping they patch in infinite maps at some other point. If they don't, I wouldn't be too disappointed. The current map size is more than enough for me. :3

But does your piece of **** from the late 90's run MC on four other screens? You all seem to be forgetting that one of the major marketing features of the 360 version is 4 player split screen.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#22CaptainLukaPosted 5/13/2012 10:22:18 AM
ironbru posted...
I thought I read somewhere that the map in Minecraft for PC is not infinite - it's 8x the size of the Earth. Nothing to laugh at for sure, but not the "infinite" map everyone is worshipping.
I could've read wrong though.
You are correct, the map in PC Minecraft is not infinite like people are saying but is in fact 8 times the size of earth. While this is extremely big it does not make it infinite like people are claiming.

Personally I think the Map size in 360 Minecraft is too small. If they can make it 4 times bigger, which would be 4 times the size of the map you start with in your inventory, then that would be a pretty decent size.

Thank you for confirming that.

Being a new player to Minecraft, I think this map size is fine for me. I can easily see the want for a larger map from more ambitious crafters though. The thing is, I think people should stop whining and begging for an infinite map like the PC has, when the PC in fact does not have that.

I think there is an easy work-around to the limited map for now - starting a new map.
---
Check out EmptyApartment.net for news, reviews, previews, live streams and giveaways!
GT/PSN - Tyrannikos
#23Python_2k9Posted 5/13/2012 12:39:56 PM

But does your piece of **** from the late 90's run MC on four other screens? You all seem to be forgetting that one of the major marketing features of the 360 version is 4 player split screen.

Good point. :3

I also didn't realize the Xbox only had 512MB of RAM, so whoops.
---
Patrolling through the GameFaqs boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
#24FearbeardPosted 5/13/2012 12:45:05 PM
I've played the game for 40+ hours and barely touched most of the map.
---
As soon as there is hype, there is hate.
http://backloggery.com/fearbeard
#25EvaPilot1Posted 5/13/2012 12:47:10 PM
Oh, only 8 times the size of the earth? Well that sucks.
---
Gummy Bears! For candy this delicious, you'll chew off your own leg!
#26ZOMBIECHICKENZPosted 5/13/2012 12:55:33 PM
banished09 posted...
... are you going to use the FULL 1204x1204x128? if so.. you need to find yourself another hobby

I wonder if anyone has mined out every single block ...
---
360 GT: ZOMBIECHICKENZ
PSN: Zombie__Chickenz
#27nofxnofxPosted 5/13/2012 2:12:22 PM
I would like it to be bigger if possible in a future update but I am happy with the current map size. I have played a lot on my first map so far and my building doesn't cover any more than about 4% of the total area. The fact is that the game is owned by a lot of people and my friends list has a lot of games under construction, many of which I am part of. If I start running out of space I will just mix it up and build more vertically or refine what I already have.

In a way this argument seems more ideological that practical.
#28electroflamePosted 5/13/2012 2:20:19 PM
PsychoDantis posted...
Personally, I don't find it at all ridiculous. It's called hardware constraints.

Actually, no it's not. It's called crappy porting.

See this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632873-minecraft-xbox-360-edition/62780528
---
Could be worse, they could have been American givers and you would have been smothered in small pox. -fakenamefignuts on Indian-Giving.
Steam ID: electroflame
#29ashphoenix77Posted 5/13/2012 2:22:24 PM
someone else posted a great idea. a sort of PORTAL that would save your player inv and portal you to a brand new world. ;) theres your unlimited world right there.
---
Xbox 360 :Avendosorra / PSN: augustheat77
35 - Idol-- Account Created Monday, April 4, 2005 6:24 PM
#30DarkTwoopahPosted 5/13/2012 2:27:52 PM
Now what I want to know is what the hell do they plan to do when they jump to 1.2 like their saying, since each biome at that point takes up about half, if not more of the map.
---
3DS FC: 3480-2549-4016 (MK7, KI:U, SSFIV)
Official Espio the Chameleon of all GameFAQs boards