The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Dlc will only last...

#1sight094Posted 5/13/2012 4:30:46 PM
Till year's end... No XBLA title get's dlc after a title has been released over a year no matter how popular or if it was promised you can bet they'll forget about this game come year's end.
#2deadANDrottedPosted 5/13/2012 4:31:58 PM
Just like they did the PC version!

<.<
>.>
>.<
#3marctheshark777Posted 5/13/2012 4:33:59 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this is no ordinary XBLA Arcade title considering it has already broken every major sales record.
---
Bears | Beets | Battlestar Galactica
#4Python_2k9Posted 5/13/2012 4:34:49 PM
Please let me borrow your time machine. :D
---
Patrolling through the GameFaqs boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
#5SrgSkittlesPosted 5/13/2012 4:36:14 PM
Castle Crashers released the Pink Knight a few months ago, and it's been out for years.
---
Well if you wore knee guards this kind of stuff wouldn't happen!
#6Link43130Posted 5/13/2012 4:36:53 PM
Trials HD had DLC released after a year had passed from launch.
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#7sight094(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2012 5:10:40 PM
Python_2k9 posted...
Please let me borrow your time machine. :D

No it's only for me to use :P. Getting back on topic... pink night and trials dlc is hardly what i'd call "noteworthy". Minecraft is a game that'll heavily depend on dlc... in order to survive... as for "patches" let's be realistic here microsoft doesn't like giving away free content...
#8papermonkey21Posted 5/13/2012 5:16:19 PM
Quote:I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this is no ordinary XBLA Arcade title considering it has already broken every major sales record.
@marctheshark777

This. Trials and CC continue getting content because they were sales behemoths that have sold a million plus. MCX360E is closing in on a million already looking at the leaderboard. It's only been out for a week. And it's $20. It will end up selling more than any other digital title on XBLA/PSN/Wiiware.
---
Do me a solid and keep me out of the suicide note
http://qkme.me/359b7c
#9donkeyofdestinyPosted 5/13/2012 5:16:41 PM
sight094 posted...
Getting back on topic... pink night and trials dlc is hardly what i'd call "noteworthy"...

Noteworthy or not it completely destroys your op.
---
So I just bought a roast beef sandwich with carmalized onions. There is no roast beef on this sandwich. - Number4429
gt/psn: DonkeyOfDestiny
#10GnomebusterPosted 5/13/2012 5:25:58 PM
I think I read that this game, when released for XBLA, was "profitable within an hour".

Now I'm not saying I'm any kind of expert, but isn't that a tad ridiculous? And Minecraft has yet to fail me, so I see no reason that they won't want to keep updating this...

Although, the way I read it, only a certain number of the updates will indeed be free, as they had to fight to get any free updates at all, since Microsoft is such a (not nice word here.)

So, I won't be surprised if say, they start charging for updates once they're past 1.0, or something like that.

Either way, I think they'll keep releasing updates for it until they're done, not because of some imaginary 1 year cut off.

That being said I certainly hope it won't take that long to get some updates out, has anyone heard a date on the next one? I think they said it would be like 1.7.3
---
"You want a REASON? People don't run on reason. They aren't reasonable!" -Myself, in an aggravated rant