The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Dlc will only last...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: sight094

sight094
4 years ago#1
Till year's end... No XBLA title get's dlc after a title has been released over a year no matter how popular or if it was promised you can bet they'll forget about this game come year's end.

User Info: deadANDrotted

deadANDrotted
4 years ago#2
Just like they did the PC version!

<.<
>.>
>.<

User Info: marctheshark777

marctheshark777
4 years ago#3
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this is no ordinary XBLA Arcade title considering it has already broken every major sales record.
Bears | Beets | Battlestar Galactica

User Info: Python_2k9

Python_2k9
4 years ago#4
Please let me borrow your time machine. :D
Patrolling through the GameFaqs boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

User Info: SrgSkittles

SrgSkittles
4 years ago#5
Castle Crashers released the Pink Knight a few months ago, and it's been out for years.
Well if you wore knee guards this kind of stuff wouldn't happen!

User Info: Link43130

Link43130
4 years ago#6
Trials HD had DLC released after a year had passed from launch.
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130

User Info: sight094

sight094
4 years ago#7
Python_2k9 posted...
Please let me borrow your time machine. :D

No it's only for me to use :P. Getting back on topic... pink night and trials dlc is hardly what i'd call "noteworthy". Minecraft is a game that'll heavily depend on dlc... in order to survive... as for "patches" let's be realistic here microsoft doesn't like giving away free content...

User Info: papermonkey21

papermonkey21
4 years ago#8
Quote:I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this is no ordinary XBLA Arcade title considering it has already broken every major sales record.
@marctheshark777

This. Trials and CC continue getting content because they were sales behemoths that have sold a million plus. MCX360E is closing in on a million already looking at the leaderboard. It's only been out for a week. And it's $20. It will end up selling more than any other digital title on XBLA/PSN/Wiiware.
Do me a solid and keep me out of the suicide note
http://qkme.me/359b7c

User Info: donkeyofdestiny

donkeyofdestiny
4 years ago#9
sight094 posted...
Getting back on topic... pink night and trials dlc is hardly what i'd call "noteworthy"...

Noteworthy or not it completely destroys your op.
So I just bought a roast beef sandwich with carmalized onions. There is no roast beef on this sandwich. - Number4429
gt/psn: DonkeyOfDestiny

User Info: Gnomebuster

Gnomebuster
4 years ago#10
I think I read that this game, when released for XBLA, was "profitable within an hour".

Now I'm not saying I'm any kind of expert, but isn't that a tad ridiculous? And Minecraft has yet to fail me, so I see no reason that they won't want to keep updating this...

Although, the way I read it, only a certain number of the updates will indeed be free, as they had to fight to get any free updates at all, since Microsoft is such a (not nice word here.)

So, I won't be surprised if say, they start charging for updates once they're past 1.0, or something like that.

Either way, I think they'll keep releasing updates for it until they're done, not because of some imaginary 1 year cut off.

That being said I certainly hope it won't take that long to get some updates out, has anyone heard a date on the next one? I think they said it would be like 1.7.3
"You want a REASON? People don't run on reason. They aren't reasonable!" -Myself, in an aggravated rant

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived