Wheat?

#1suerobcoxnetPosted 5/13/2012 5:32:18 PM
Where do I come across wheat?? I've found plenty of sugarcane, just no wheat
---
4 8 15 16 23 42
Twitter: MRX93
#2CapnCrunch1Posted 5/13/2012 5:37:55 PM(edited)
Punch some grass (not the top of a dirt block, but the actual grown grass) to get some seeds. Take a hoe and use it on a dirt block. Plant the seed near some water and wait for it to grow into wheat.

Edit: Make sure you wait until the wheat is fully grown before harvesting. The wheat will be brown and have dark brown on the top. Wheat also takes quite a while to grow.
---
Radeon HD 6850 1gb| 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws| Athlon II x3 445 @ 3.1GHz| Windows 7
#3GameloPosted 5/13/2012 5:34:15 PM
Break tall grass to get seeds. Plant the seeds and they turn into wheat.
#4FenDieselLivesPosted 5/16/2012 5:08:01 AM
So u need water nearby?
---
PSN and Xbox 360: FenDiesel
#5CorporalGiroroPosted 5/16/2012 5:26:17 AM
Yeah. You can make a farm quite easily. Just dig a strip into the ground, one block deep and only one block wide. Fill it with still water, then till the dirt blocks to either side of the strip. Plant the seeds and wait for them to grow. When you harvest the wheat you usally get another seed, sometimes two, so you'll not run out of seeds.
---
Girogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogiro
WWWYKI
#6Seawolf23Posted 5/16/2012 7:55:13 AM
Make sure the tilled land is 4 or less blocks away from the water source. Don't step on the tilled land or else it will mess it up and your crops won't grow. Put a fence around your farm to make sure animals don't step on them either and put torches to light up area so monster don't spawn in the fenced area. After that, just wait and you'll get your wheat.
---
GT: Cibian
When adding, send msg that your from GameFaqs.
#7FrozenHELL78Posted 5/16/2012 9:08:14 AM
1 tile of water will fertalize 7 or 8 spots around it. remember that if you are going for efficiency
---
Gamertag - Mosaic78
#8Purple_BenderPosted 5/16/2012 10:14:25 AM
Seawolf23 posted...
Make sure the tilled land is 4 or less blocks away from the water source. Don't step on the tilled land or else it will mess it up and your crops won't grow. Put a fence around your farm to make sure animals don't step on them either and put torches to light up area so monster don't spawn in the fenced area. After that, just wait and you'll get your wheat.

This part was driving me nuts. I pride myself on my epic wheat fields, and for the longest time I thought that wheat-growing was glitched on the 360, because my wheat kept getting randomly destroyed, and the tilled-land was apparently de-tilling itself instantly. My brother told me not to stand on it, and at first I didn't believe that it would make a difference. Is this something they changed in one of the later updates? I've been playing the PC version for a while and I swear that tilled land doesn't do this in the later versions.

Also, little farming tip for later versions of the game: when lilypads are released, do not hate them for breaking your boats. Instead, gather as many as you can and use them to cover the irrigation ditches in your fields. It'll take a while to gather that many, but it's totally worth it to be able to use your ditches as walkways as well. Plus, the pads will prevent your wheat/seed/sugar cane from falling down into the ditches when you harvest it, which is a massive pain for large-scale farmers.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: EnergyTurtle23
#9CarpetfluffPosted 5/16/2012 10:18:09 AM
I don't think water is a big issue, I've got a grass 'floor' in my house and can happily grown wheat inside - saves building a fence to stop it getting trampled. Obviously not practical if you want to grow lots, although you could build a greenhouse I guess.
#10dj SmileyPosted 5/16/2012 1:21:21 PM
Crouching while walking over wheat or tilled ground won't affect them. Useful if you have an enclosed farm area and some of your field is ready for harvest and other plants are not.
---
10 years at GameFAQs: September 4, 2000 - September 4, 2010
http://360voice.com/tag/djSmilybmi