A Special Seed

#1SplinterscatPosted 5/13/2012 8:46:59 PM
The seed is: curtis dent

It has:

* Like living on or under the water? It has a huge area of deep bodies of water that's perfect for an underground city. In one section, there are islands scattered about with nice views of the tall mountains that make up the center of the map.

* Like building where most the area is flat? It has another huge area that is the plains (or the prairie as I call it). It's perfect for building a walled in village or two, or a huge castle or three.

* Like to live among or on top of a mountain? In the center of this world are tall and huge mountains which, when viewed from the top, looks down into a small valley that will be full of danger.

* Like the snow? There are a least two, small sections of snow areas. One of them has pines. Also dotted around this land are floating islands, waterfalls and at least two surface lava pits.

My friends and I explored most of this land on peaceful and fell in love with the land. It has so much building potential... and land that suits just about anyone. We plan on starting a world on it soon (on survival) and we're excited!

If you choose to check it out, I would advise placing it on peaceful and just explore this land. If you first spawn where we did, you should have a floating island above you, huge body of water with islands behind you, and a huge mountain wall in front of you. If you go towards the left and scale the mountain, look for a (very long) waterfall. You can ride the waterfall down into the valley.

If your not on peaceful, be prepared for monsters to be moving around in the dark areas. The waterfall is fun to ride down, just don't miss and fall to your death.

Anyways, just wanted to share :)
---
There's Me, Myself and I; if they don't say, I might.
I'm running down the highway, looking for the enemy... Dang, I got killed.
#2Splinterscat(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2012 10:05:44 PM
I just realized that my description didn't do justice to the mountains. The mountains form a circle; basically, it forms a ring around the small valley. I would love to build a house down in the valley, but I think I would only be able to do that on peaceful mode. Also, there is a lava pit down in the valley.

I decided I wanted to build a tower on top of one of the peaks or floating islands that will look down into the valley. The oceans and prairie areas form the outer part of the mountains.

Put it this way, gargamel and Glacier have awesome mountains, but this seed, imo, wins.

A note on the ocean area: some of the islands are really neat; several have natural bridges which connect to another island.
---
#3KORNDAWGPosted 5/14/2012 2:00:22 AM
sweet story bro! I propose that this statement be used in place of cool story bro when somebody posts something useful! Thanks.
---
----------
"You say the graphics are dated? Like bad...or deal withable?" by RASTAFARI4LIFE
#4KORNDAWGPosted 5/14/2012 2:01:44 AM
forgot to ask....

Why did you randomly choose curtis dent?
---
----------
"You say the graphics are dated? Like bad...or deal withable?" by RASTAFARI4LIFE
#5KORNDAWGPosted 5/14/2012 2:06:11 AM
haha, just found out that you didn't randomly choose this name..

http://minecraft-seeds.net/view/335/curtis-dent
---
----------
#6Splinterscat(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 2:53:51 AM(edited)
Yea, I went searching for some interesting 1.6.6 seeds on youtube. Here's a couple of videos showcasing this seed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5hcM-v5mfI
(video by- MeinKrapht)

Besides curtis dent, this video shows some other nice seeds (which I haven't checked out):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd2n2eiPg_w
(video by- TryHardGaming)
---