Really annoying glitch with water buckets.

#1TheMonkeyBombPosted 5/14/2012 12:17:25 AM
So, I'm in this zombie dungeon and I'm trying to turn it into a grinder. I already disabled it and I'm setting up the water currents. Problem is, every time I try to place water, it disappears. If I use left trigger, then I can scoop up the glitched invisible water, but I still can't place it down. I've tried many things and apparently I can place water just fine on the other side of the dungeon, but I need both sides for a good current.

What's up with this?
#2singhellotakuPosted 5/14/2012 4:04:59 AM
odd, never heard of that glitch, best of luck getting around it.
#3SkootirPosted 5/14/2012 4:06:38 AM
i have this same problem, was trying to make infinite pool source (although i was told u cant) but anyways wtf is up with it disappearing? ive placed water in other places where it dont disappear but what is up with that? btw i know a grinder that only needs one side of the dgn, it was for a later version on pc so ima try it out on xbox and see if it works assuming i can place the water that is :((
---
How many DBZ characters does it take to screw in a light bulb? Just one but it takes 10 episodes.
#4sox18_JonnyDPosted 5/14/2012 4:08:39 AM
That's happening with me also wanted to making a swimming pool but the water just disappears as soon as I empty the bucket

However if I empty the bucket in my house it floods the house
Dont understand how it works in my house but not on my pool made of same material
---
Practice makes perfect....BUT no one is perfect so what is the point of practicing?
#5SkootirPosted 5/14/2012 4:11:31 AM
sox18_JonnyD posted...
That's happening with me also wanted to making a swimming pool but the water just disappears as soon as I empty the bucket

However if I empty the bucket in my house it floods the house
Dont understand how it works in my house but not on my pool made of same material

hearing this i may have a theory....when i placed water underground to make obsidian it didnt disappear unless i did it manually but above ground it did so i wonder if u can only place water in enclosed areas but the enclosed area has to be setup a certain way seeing as he said only one side of dgn kept it and one didnt...idk but just a thought
---
How many DBZ characters does it take to screw in a light bulb? Just one but it takes 10 episodes.
#6Krazoa2Posted 5/14/2012 4:15:36 AM

i have this same problem, was trying to make infinite pool source (although i was told u cant) but anyways wtf is up with it disappearing? ive placed water in other places where it dont disappear but what is up with that? btw i know a grinder that only needs one side of the dgn, it was for a later version on pc so ima try it out on xbox and see if it works assuming i can place the water that is :((

Infinite water's possible and still just as easy. Dig 3 blocks and pour a block of water into each of the ends.
#7TheMonkeyBomb(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 4:24:49 AM
Strange. It seems that parts of the world will glitch and won't let you place water in a certain radius around a random block. The radius is quite large.

Also, I've been testing it more and it appears as if you emptied the bucket (the image appears as an empty bucket), but in reality it is still full. I discovered this after placing the glitched water and having it disappear, then moving to another location and using the right trigger. It placed water even though my bucket was empty.

All this glitch is doing is preventing me from placing water, and causing an image glitch with the bucket icon.

Strange, indeed.
#8TheMonkeyBomb(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 4:25:52 AM
^ I meant left trigger. Sorry about that.
#9SkootirPosted 5/14/2012 4:58:18 AM
Krazoa2 posted...
Infinite water's possible and still just as easy. Dig 3 blocks and pour a block of water into each of the ends.

infinite water source is 2 blocks by 2 blocks and 1 deep with a source in one corner and then one in the corner diagonal from the first....does this not work in 1.6.6 cause when i first started playing it was version 1.7.3 and thats how i did it but i found out the 3 blocks also works too in that version but i chose to keep using the square method
---
#10daveliciousPosted 5/14/2012 5:04:05 AM
Is your spawn point nearby? I noticed that I was unable to put water down to make a hot tub in my house while playing with some buddies and later read online that you can't put water down within a certain number of blocks from a spawn point... Something about preventing griefing.

Are you doing this while playing online or split screen with others?
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: Davelicious46
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg