Tips to finding Diamonds?

#1WatmanwatPosted 5/16/2012 3:06:41 PM
I have found 4 out of the 2 caves I have fully explored. About 679 Iron, and 1,391 Coal, 14 BLOCKS of Lapis Lazuli.

(I always mine everything I find)

I am just wondering how I can find Diamonds. I heard there is a way, like 15 blocks up from bedrock that spawns Diamonds easily. Is that a good way?
---
GT: Ace 0f Clubz
8 Unicorns so far, going for BMW.
#2imran_666Posted 5/16/2012 3:09:10 PM
Diamonds are Rare, if you could find lots of them they would not be "rare" I don't go out searching for them but when i hit a cave with lava and look around for sometime, mineing here and there I come out with 5+ usually.
#3MestizoFreakPosted 5/16/2012 3:12:55 PM
If you can find a pool of lava underground, dig around it. A heavy amount of redstone or gold is also a decent indicator. If you made a shaft that hit bedrock, search between the bedrock and 17 blocks above it. If you do find a diamond block, dig around it first to make sure there's no lava. If there is, seal it off, and then mine, so you don't lose the diamond or your life in the process.

If all else fails, you could use the dispenser glitch everyone's praising/ranting about. I'm just using it solely for decorative purposes due to no "creation mode", because I'm tired of setting up a nice mansion, get my gear for an adventure, only to open the door 2 seconds later, hear a hiss, and have a mass crater at my front door.
#4Phant0mLimePosted 5/16/2012 3:13:26 PM
Look on layer 12.
---
XBL GT-Phant0mLime
PSN-MrBrofessor
#5TsurukePosted 5/16/2012 3:18:55 PM
Phant0mLime posted...
Look on layer 12.

Easier said then done, don't you think? Considering this isn't the PC version where you can't hit "F3"

So a helpful direction in case the TC doesn't know where that it would be helpful, wouldn't you agree?

Not that I need it since I've gotten my fair share of diamonds and used them.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#6XoXTailzXoXPosted 5/16/2012 3:37:27 PM
Tsuruke posted...
Phant0mLime posted...
Look on layer 12.

Easier said then done, don't you think? Considering this isn't the PC version where you can't hit "F3"

So a helpful direction in case the TC doesn't know where that it would be helpful, wouldn't you agree?

Very easy to do, dig stairs down to bedrock and dig around a bit as bedrock can be at more than just one layer once your sure your at the bottom go 12 stairs up and seal of the others.

Common sense fool
#7Mander1861Posted 5/16/2012 3:39:37 PM
XoXTailzXoX posted...
Tsuruke posted...
Phant0mLime posted...
Look on layer 12.

Very easy to do, dig stairs down to bedrock and dig around a bit as bedrock can be at more than just one layer once your sure your at the bottom go 12 stairs up and seal of the others.

Common sense fool

This.
---
An intelligent person does not need the promise of Heaven to see merit in a good deed.
Carl Sagans Pale Blue Dot ....Google it and get some perspective.
#8TsurukePosted 5/16/2012 4:16:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9TsurukePosted 5/16/2012 4:19:23 PM
lol not everyone has played the PC version and knows of this "Common sense".
Yet I'm the fool for looking out for members first time playing minecraft ever (coming from the 360 version).

The fools are the ones who are assuming TC or everyone know what that means, then you have a new user bumping an old thread (old enough not to be locked) and getting flamed for not knowing.

Yea, so try again with the flaming "New User", its quite entertaining really. Although you did tell people how or rather what level 12 means (in a condescending, flaming troll of a way), but you did none-the-less.

Something that might have helped TC as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ehvOPy-FWNk#!

Although it shows how to get to level 12 (using "F3") but this should help as far as mining around the area and visual tips for newcomers to the game.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#10lvl99linkPosted 5/16/2012 4:54:56 PM
A better way of figuring it out would be to realize that sea level is Y=64, transfer that information to your shaft, and now you can dig knowing your exact level.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fkHBW.gif